Order of options when text is selected

Super_Pandaman

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
Hello

When I select a text with my S21, the options that appear are in this order: Translate - Cut.
However, translate is not just totally irrelevant for me, but I also always click it accidentally as reflex because on my S8 Copy used to be there.

123.jpg

Does anyone know if this order can be changed, and if yes how? I'd like to have Cut, Copy and Paste (no particular order) at the front.
Or at least remove the Translate, that alone would help (and no, uninstalling Google app is unfortunately not an option)

Thank you

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I doubt there is a way to change the order beyond using another keyboard.

With GBoard I only get translate if the something is not in GBoard's natural dictionary or my personal dictionary. Otherwise I get Cut Copy Paste as the first three options. Not sure if that is useable information for you.

Super_Pandaman

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
I doubt there is a way to change the order beyond using another keyboard.

With GBoard I only get translate if the something is not in GBoard's natural dictionary or my personal dictionary. Otherwise I get Cut Copy Paste as the first three options. Not sure if that is useable information for you.

Yeah it's usable, thanks, however I use Samsung keyboard. And even when I installed Gboard, it didn't change. So I guess the keyboard doesn't even matter.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's usable, thanks, however I use Samsung keyboard. And even when I installed Gboard, it didn't change. So I guess the keyboard doesn't even matter.

I don't use the Samsung keyboard and honestly haven't heard too many good things about it in general. While I know many keyboards use the Google STT engine some might use the translate engine too.

Meanwhile just curious, are any of the words not in your language? Also have you checked your default language to see if it is the correct one for you? The latter seems to be grasping but it just seems odd that it would want to translate from your native language. I mean asking me if I want to translate, using a calendar is as easy as finding the day and date, if highlighted seems a bit redundant if those are the words I would use to say the same thing.

Super_Pandaman

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
Meanwhile just curious, are any of the words not in your language?
This is a very good point, thanks. I checked and yes, the translate-option only appears when words are not in my native language. When they are, it's not there.

it just seems odd that it would want to translate from your native language
It's actually the other way, it wants to automatically translate into my language.

So I just went to the setting "add languages" and added those that I use frequently and yes, "translate" doesn't appear anymore.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
That's an interesting question, can more than one language be set as default?

I've seen posts from multilingual people here in the forums, but I want to say the one that strikes me as most rememberable, although I remember very little and what I do is fuzzy at best, they seemed to say that they change languages. Like they make whatever language they're using the default but there have to be people out there that text the way they talk. I've met people who slip in and out of two or three languages in a single sentence so you would think they would have a way to use text on keyboard the same way...? If it were me I'd look for a bilingual keyboard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37