Google or Samsung

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I like the stock version of the Samsung messaging

I switched to Google mainly because I like having a separate tone for people when they text me. You can have that with Samsung if you don't delete your conversation. But now I've noticed I'm not getting my text on my watch I have an active 2. So I think I'm going to go back to Samsung.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I switched to Google mainly because I like having a separate tone for people when they text me. You can have that with Samsung if you don't delete your conversation. But now I've noticed I'm not getting my text on my watch I have an active 2. So I think I'm going to go back to Samsung.
I have the active 2 watch as well the 44 mm one

runliftrepeat

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
I've settled on the Samsung dialer because I prefer the UI over the Google. The large circles for your favorites on the Google dialer are too much. I'm using Google messages because I it has the RCS chat features that I don't have with Samsung. I have both contact apps since you don't have to choose a default app for contacts.

jope28

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
As crazy as this sounds, I keep them all Samsung because the Google Messages doesn't give me the true Black theme. I like having as much of that AMOLED black goodness as much as possible on my device.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I am British. I use all Samsung on my S10+ and all Google on my Pixel. My Samsung messages does have RCS built in so I have no need for Google messages and I like being able to pin contacts and sort messages into categories.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I am British. I use all Samsung on my S10+ and all Google on my Pixel. My Samsung messages does have RCS built in so I have no need for Google messages and I like being able to pin contacts and sort messages into categories.

That's a good balance. You get the best of both worlds. :)

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
What does this mean?

Samsung announced a partnership with Google say the S21 launch event, part of which included shipping a custom build of Google messages which basically includes the best features of both apps "in Britain markets". Check out this build version:

Attachments

• 1695.jpg
    1695.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 17

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Samsung announced a partnership with Google say the S21 launch event, part of which included shipping a custom build of Google messages which basically includes the best features of both apps "in Britain markets". Check out this build version:
Yeah Google supposedly collaborate with Samsung, is the icon Google or Samsung ?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, I'm unlocked on my Note 20u , so US haven't seen this yet unless carrier version.

It's the UK unlocked directly from Samsung. Both apps are pre-installed and can't be removed or disabled.

Obviously your note 20 ultra wouldn't have Google messages pre-installed as the partnership is new, but apparently the US S21 line didn't launch with it either for whatever reason.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's the UK unlocked directly from Samsung. Both apps are pre-installed and can't be removed or disabled.

Obviously your note 20 ultra wouldn't have Google messages pre-installed as the partnership is new, but apparently the US S21 line didn't launch with it either for whatever reason.
Yeah I heard that the s21 was supposed to come with Google/Samsung collaboration and looks like international version getting it before US .