S21 5g... Are you truly happy? Or S21 Ultra? Thoughts?

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Anyone really, truly happy with the S21 5G? Looking for some very good feedback as I can get an unlocked S21 for $499 with my Note 9 trade in. I can jump to the S21 Ultra 5G for $899. Been a Note and Sammy guy for years, phone is used for communication, reception, good clear display... all are A MUST. Not a gamer! Reason I'm asking... I doubt I'll ever get $350 back for my Note 9, even with a new battery. I will very much miss the 3.5mm Jack, a lot and SD card. Sammy is doubling the storage free at this time too. On the fence, don't have to jump. If the S21 gets positive comments, will take a closer look. I know the S21 Ultra is a great phone. Btw, I keep my phones for 2-3 years. The Ultra might fit this bill better. I've read a lot of reviews. First time posting on this.

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Nothing but good to say about my S21 Ultra. Phone and camera and Internet browsing have all been good. T-Mobile/Sprint is my carrier. I thought I'd miss the Samsung Pay more than I do. Google Pay is actually easier to use and is accepted in many places, but not all. I haven't used the phone jack for several releases now, so don't miss that. The memory card was nice but I've learned to trust OneDrive for backup.

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Nothing but good to say about my S21 Ultra. Phone and camera and Internet browsing have all been good. T-Mobile/Sprint is my carrier. I thought I'd miss the Samsung Pay more than I do. Google Pay is actually easier to use and is accepted in many places, but not all. I haven't used the phone jack for several releases now, so don't miss that. The memory card was nice but I've learned to trust OneDrive for backup.

I have a phone addiction and I have tried all 3 version. I came from the S20+. I eventually settled on the S21 ultra.
I found I noticed that the screen in the S21 and S21+ was not as good as S20+. Also the ultra can give me all day battery life with 8-10 hours of screen time on my days off and 2 days of battery life on days that I work.
Coming from the Note 9 I would recommend the ultra.

ScKalbe

Banned
May 9, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded to the S21 Ultra 5g from the Note 10+. I have been a Samsung guy for years. I had the Note 2,3,5,8 and 10+. I get itchy every 2 years to upgrade. I actually paid off my Note 10+ early to upgrade. I thought I would miss the SD card but I don't. The camera upgrade on this from the Note 10+ was awesome. 108mp back camera and 40mp front. I bought a case that fits the s-pen on the side and it is just as great a regular Note.
For comparing phones and their specs I use phonescoop.com

I love my S21 Ultra 5g. I hope this helps.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I have had the S21 5G base model from Verizon for a little while now and can't think of another phone I'd rather have. It has everything I need and want, and like you, I'm not a gamer at all. Not even a single game app on my phone. Reception has been great, it's excellent for overall communication and the display is better than any other phone I've had. The size is perfect for me and my smallish hands. The Ultra is just way too big for me. I highly recommend the S21 5G.

stevetaz

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
S21 5G with Sprint/TMobile here. A terrific phone for me. I am not a gamer nor do I install/delete numerous apps. I do install apps as I see the need. I am running Nova beta as my launcher.

I use it to text, make and receive calls and I also take pictures when the mood or situation warrants.

I moved to the S21 5G after a few years with a Galaxy S10e, which was also a pretty good device.

Battery life for the S21 has been excellent. The display is excellent. The build is also excellent and the form factor is perfect for me.

Highly recommend.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with my S21 Ultra, 256GB. (I'm not sure how that would differ from being truly happy, or from being really truly happy.)

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy with my S21 Ultra, 256GB. (I'm not sure how that would differ from being truly happy, or from being really truly happy.)

Me and my husband came from S10+ and we got the 512 Ultra and couldn't be happier. I love this phone it's fast and my signal is great and I love the camera.

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I LOVE mine. Fast, and while 5G doesn't work in my less-populated area of the California coast, I'm always "over the hill" shopping, working, etc., and 5G works in all those places. I'm always upgrading my phones for the latest and greatest. Going from Galaxy 6, 7, 10+ were incremental.The 10+ to this bad boy felt more and I have no regrets. Verizon made me a good offer, I didn't refuse, and I'm glad I didn't. Hell of a phone. And the camera--oy. So fun.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
This is a solid device for sure. I am running the base s21 with 256 storage. This phone just hums along and I have had no issues. I am coming over from the 12 mini. This is the first phone samsung has made in a while that has really made a great impression.

My main uses are texting/calling, social media, very light gaming. I have secure folder setup for my work account via Microsoft Office.

The phone size is perfect IMO. I thought about the ultra and 21+. Seeing as how I got tired if how big the 11 pro max was. I decided to go with this one. I have smaller hands so the size is nice. One handed use is hit or miss. Nothing beats the one handed use of the 12 mini.

I frequently will use dex as well when I want a bigger screen but don't want to take out my laptop. I also use dex in combination with Microsoft Office. It works really well for doing basic spreadsheets and smaller word documents. That's all I really do with Office anyway.

Unless having the bigger screen, a bit more ram and more cameras is super important. I would highly suggest this phone.

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy with mine (I reserve "truly happy" for important things. Like beer and family !!!)

I came from a mid range moto before and was looking for a really good camera which I definitely got. I'm not a heavy user of my phone so can't really comment on much else.
Sorry.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
"If you're happy and you know it, Zoom 100x Zoom
If you're happy and you know it, then your face will surely show it so just Zoom".

Short term happy :)

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Ultra. Perfect phone (for me) Came from S20 and Note20. Tried S21 but felt too small so upgraded to Ultra.

I was afraid the 8 ounces and size might be too much but has a nice balanced feel.

Edge Canary browser is excellent and gets most use.

retomex

Feb 15, 2021
Visit site
It depends on several things;
1. Are you truly so much into photography? Ultra
2. Gaming? Ultra (nothing beats a big screen)

If questions 1 and 2 are a no, then you can consider S21 as a choice. I'm happy with mine, size is OK for me and so is all day battery life for my needs.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Anyone really, truly happy with the S21 5G? Looking for some very good feedback as I can get an unlocked S21 for $499 with my Note 9 trade in. I can jump to the S21 Ultra 5G for $899. Been a Note and Sammy guy for years, phone is used for communication, reception, good clear display... all are A MUST. Not a gamer! Reason I'm asking... I doubt I'll ever get $350 back for my Note 9, even with a new battery. I will very much miss the 3.5mm Jack, a lot and SD card. Sammy is doubling the storage free at this time too. On the fence, don't have to jump. If the S21 gets positive comments, will take a closer look. I know the S21 Ultra is a great phone. Btw, I keep my phones for 2-3 years. The Ultra might fit this bill better. I've read a lot of reviews. First time posting on this.

Get the Ultra. The camera's great and it's suprisingly pocketable. Especially keeping a device for 2 to 3 years, as I plan on doing.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital