Smart Lock

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
UGH, I am so frustrated with Smart Lock Trusted Location as many others are. Works pretty consistently when you first set it up and then progressively gets worse over time until it is not working at all. Does anyone have any tips I might not be aware of? I tried to delete my saved trusted location but I don't see an option to do that. There is only Edit which I have done and still no go. I even tried to set up a new Home location to delete the old one and delete still does not show up. So damn frustrating. 😡😡

Post Nine

Sep 3, 2020
Visit site
Smart Lock is actually a Google app, you should contact Google. Somehow only the trusted places is not working, so it could be Google's server issue or something..

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Smart Lock is actually a Google app, you should contact Google. Somehow only the trusted places is not working, so it could be Google's server issue or something..

Yep, I'm aware it is a Google app. Trying to get someone to respond from Google is a lesson in futility. I could try their forums but that isn't always successful. Thanks!

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I've always had issues with this app as well. This is something I feel Google should have continued to work on as if implemented correctly is very beneficial. Initially it works great but as stated progressively gets worse over time to the point where I don't even use it anymore.
I know exactly what you are going through as this is very frustrating

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I've done it so I know it's possible. I just remember it being in a place you wouldn't expect.

Everything I read states to look for the trash icon. I can't find it anywhere. It is so maddening!

FOUND IT! You have to go to Google Maps to add or delete Home and Work locations. I manually added my address and then I got a pop up message that my Home location had changed and did I want to add as trusted location. So far now it is working again. Will see how long it lasts. Also realized I could add my smart watch as a trusted device. Will see how that works. Thanks again for the help.

Last edited:

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
Tip I have seen which seems to work is to go into Google Maps and press the compass icon to force an update on your current location. That said Smart Lock seems to be even more miss than hit since the last software update on my S20 last week with trusted devices also not being always recognised.

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Tip I have seen which seems to work is to go into Google Maps and press the compass icon to force an update on your current location. That said Smart Lock seems to be even more miss than hit since the last software update on my S20 last week with trusted devices also not being always recognised.

I saw that tip about the compass icon. Tried it before I finally found the place to delete location and start over but it didn't work. Maybe it will after the reset because this morning, the trusted place is not working again. 😡 Tried it before I enabled my trusted device in case it conflicts but no go. At least trusted device is working ..... for now.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Another thing to check

Setting>biometric and security>other security>trust agents turn off anything besides GoogleScreenshot_20210522-192846_Settings.jpg

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Another thing to check

Setting>biometric and security>other security>trust agents turn off anything besides GoogleView attachment 334205

I came across Trust Agents in another Tips article the other day. Smart Lock was/is the only one turned on. Trusted Location still not working. Even reset location again in Maps. I think it is hopeless. For whatever reason they cannot get that feature to work properly. Trusted Device is working which is good but would really prefer Location.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I came across Trust Agents in another Tips article the other day. Smart Lock was/is the only one turned on. Trusted Location still not working. Even reset location again in Maps. I think it is hopeless. For whatever reason they cannot get that feature to work properly. Trusted Device is working which is good but would really prefer Location.
Wonder if it gets updated in next software , report these things in members app

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Ultra Trusted places/devices

I had a Galaxy before my new Ultra as well and had the same issues. Just wondering if this is the norm or just my lack of technology skills as an old fart. But I have my phone set up for a few Trusted Places and Devices. I have confirmed under settings that this is indeed turned on and these are set. But way too often I find it locked here and have to unlock with the fingerprint or pin code options. Any thoughts?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Ultra Trusted places/devices

I had a Galaxy before my new Ultra as well and had the same issues. Just wondering if this is the norm or just my lack of technology skills as an old fart. But I have my phone set up for a few Trusted Places and Devices. I have confirmed under settings that this is indeed turned on and these are set. But way too often I find it locked here and have to unlock with the fingerprint or pin code options. Any thoughts?

[Hi, merged you to this same topic thread]

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ultra Trusted places/devices

I think the very first device I set-up Trusted Location, it worked pretty much all the time. Every new Galaxy I try it on seems to get worse and worse. I got a smartwatch earlier this year so this is the first time I have been using Trusted Device and I'm pretty sure it has worked 100% of the time in keeping my device unlocked or pretty close to it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15