Need help picking a smart watch to pair with the 21 ultra

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for a smart watch to pair with my s21 ultra, at the current moment I have the Active 2. Little side note is I also have an iPhone with an apple watch. The apple watch switches to wifi so fast when I get outside of the bluetooth range, the active 2 with the S21 ultra does not switch very fast. Is there a better smart watch I can look at?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I use the galaxy watch 3 works awesome also had it on my note 20. Work as good if not better than my AW6 I also have.
Better looking watch and very consistent in every way turn by turn directions on the watch and standalone it works great also. Can't go wrong in my opinion.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I use the galaxy watch 3 works awesome also had it on my note 20. Work as good if not better than my AW6 I also have.
Better looking watch and very consistent in every way turn by turn directions on the watch and standalone it works great also. Can't go wrong in my opinion.

I did try on the watch 3, it was a little big for me. My biggest concern is lack of switching to wifi quickly when I'm outside of the bluetooth range. I feel like the active 2 has a very short range

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the AW5 with an iphone and it works so well. I do feel like android wear is a little behind apple when it comes to the ease of basic operations

Let's not forget that Samsung watches do not run Wear OS; the currently run Samsung's own Tizen OS.

I currently have the Galaxy watch, had the Gear S2 before that. I have loved them both.

That said, I can't wait to preorder the Galaxy watch 4 with the new Wear OS.

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I would wait for the Galaxy Watch 4 which will be WearOS. Personally I've own every Samsung "dress" smartwatch and the current GW3 w/LTE works great.

I'm anxious to see what the GW4 looks like with WearOS as I really like the rotating bezel of the current Samsung watches.

Back when I was running the Galaxy Gear (with the built in camera) Samsung switch from Android to Tizen and offered an update to Tizen for the Gear. My hope is that they do the same thing for the GW3 and that the new WearOS is way better than the current version.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I think is wear os works for Samsung they might update all their watches to wear os. So far they said no but let's see what happens. I have no issues with tizen so far but let's see how well wear os works for them before I decide weather to update my watch 3.
441936efff44ede71e5e2ed07733a0a4.jpg

Last edited:

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I have no complaints about Tizen on my Galaxy Watch. And I love the rotating bezel for navigation.

Everyone says how much better app support will be on Wear OS, so I can't wait to see it.

I assume Samsung will have a great trade in offer, and I'm hoping for some other stuff bundled when I pre-order the 4, like they do with each phone release.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Have Active 2 and have had it about 2 years and love it but battery gradually losing charge faster, still at least 2 days. Can't wait to see what active 4 brings. I maybe subconsciously exaggerating battery so can justify active 4 ;)

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Battery life is one reason I didn't upgrade to the 3. My Galaxy Watch with LTE lasts about 4 days, but I heard the 3 barely lasts 2 days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith