This just started and it's never happened before. The Location notification icon in the top right part of the bar is lit (between the Bluetooth icon and the wifi icon). The dropdown tool bar says it's off, unlit, not turned on, nada. In the Settings app, Location is also turned off, and *nothing* has permission to use it. Phone is fully charged, although I can't see why that should matter.

I've been using this phone for a little over a month and haven't ever turned location on. (I use my old phone for Google maps in the car.)

Everything else works same as always.

Thanks for any ideas.
    Sfrrr
    06-16-2021 04:20 PM
    This just started and it's never happened before. The Location notification icon in the top right part of the bar is lit (between the Bluetooth icon and the wifi icon). The dropdown tool bar says it's off, unlit, not turned on, nada. In the Settings app, Location is also turned off, and *nothing* has permission to use it. Phone is fully charged, although I can't see why that should matter.

I've been using this phone for a little over a month and haven't ever turned location on. (I use my old phone for Google maps in the car.)

Everything else works same as always.

Thanks for any ideas.
    Sfrrr
    Does Location show when you run your phone in Safe Mode for awhile.

06-16-2021 04:46 PM
    I'm such an *****! I didn't do a hard reboot before posting my query here. A plain hard reboot did it. I didn't get as far as safe mode. I'll save it for if/when it happens again. Thanks,
    Sfrrr
    ironass likes this.
    06-16-2021 05:09 PM
    Same thing happens to me on occasion. No rhyme or reason. I wipe cache and it goes away.
    06-16-2021 06:15 PM
    I'm such an *****! I didn't do a hard reboot before posting my query here. A plain hard reboot did it. I didn't get as far as safe mode. I'll save it for if/when it happens again. Thanks,
    Sfrrr
    Are you using a live wallpaper? I've seen other people reporting a similar issue and that was the culprit.
    06-17-2021 08:04 AM
    No, I'm not. But I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Sfrrr
    06-17-2021 11:23 AM
    Also, I'll keep the cache in mind.
    Sfrrr
    06-17-2021 11:24 AM
    Sfrrr
    Have the same issue 2-3 times the past 10 days, I re boot the phone and its gone!
    06-22-2021 11:03 PM