Error by Flashing - Odin - <ID:0/006> Re-Partition operation failed.

CYB3RV3N0M

Jun 18, 2021
Visit site
Hello everyone :)

I followed a video to root my S21 Ultra 5G (must remove the link...). Everything really worked wonderfully and I have repeated each step several times to rule out errors.

Unfortunately, at the final step, the error "Re-Partition operation failed." happens and I can't find any information on what exactly this could be. I have also tried a new version of Magisk and Odin, re-downloaded the firmware several times, also fetched the AP files via adb pull from the device after patched, but the error unfortunately remains the same.

Software: Frija 1.4.3
Model: SM-G991B
CSC: MAX
Firmware: G991BXXU3AUE1 (this was also installed before)

As written in the video, I used the file "CSC_OMC_OXM_G991BOXM3AUE1...." for CSC, and not HOME_CSC_OMC_OXM_......

Odin 3B PatcheD/ModdeD v3.14.1 (also tested with 4.14.4)

I hope someone else has an idea :/

Best regards

PS: Sorry if information is missing, I had to delete a lot of information because the system would have recognized my post as spam otherwise... *facepalm*

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Error by Flashing - Odin - <ID:0/006> Re-Partition operation failed.

Hi, welcome to AC!

You trying to go back on stock firmware?
What region is your device ?

CYB3RV3N0M

Jun 18, 2021
Visit site

hi Mustang,

I don't want to install any custom-rom, just unlock superuser privileges to delete some annoying preinstalled apps. For this I followed a tutorial to root the phone. The stock rom does not bother me.

Region is Austria (CSC: Max, T-Mobile)

Br

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

hi Mustang,

I don't want to install any custom-rom, just unlock superuser privileges to delete some annoying preinstalled apps. For this I followed a tutorial to root the phone. The stock rom does not bother me.

Region is Austria (CSC: Max, T-Mobile)

Br
You could do that with , I would return back to stock
https://www.packagedisabler.com/

CYB3RV3N0M

Jun 18, 2021
Visit site

Thanks for your quick reply, I will look into it.

Do you still have an idea what my problem could be and how we could fix it? Root privileges are generally a great thing, and the bootloader is already unlocked anyway :p

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Thanks for your quick reply, I will look into it.

Do you still have an idea what my problem could be and how we could fix it? Root privileges are generally a great thing, and the bootloader is already unlocked anyway :p
I've been away from rooting some years now , best bet ask XDA as that's a current device so maybe something they know . That's a international version so bootloader is easy to unlock.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

There should be no need to re-partition the global, Exynos, S21 series just to root them.

Re-partitioning the bootloader is not usually needed in most cases and should normally be avoided at all costs as it can severely screw up the phone unless you know exactly what you are doing and using the precise files for your phone.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, as Ironass says, there's no reason it should need to be re-partitioned to flash a rooted ROM.

I've actually re-partitioned a few phones in the past, and it's a hassle you don't want lol.

But mostly I just wanted to give my take on root. In 2016, as you say, it was a great thing. However, in 2021 it's more hassle than it's worth. Unless you have a specific need for root, I'd strongly advise you not bother.

CYB3RV3N0M

Jun 18, 2021
Visit site

Hi guys

Thank you very much for your numerous answers. As mentioned I wanted to root the phone to uninstall some system apps and other nice conveniences. I was not aware that this requires a reformat, I just strictly followed the instructions in the video. According to the comments, it worked for everyone, but not for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOKWXVnlzdY

After I fail at the error unfortunately again and again, is there another way to root the device without having to install a custom-rom, or a re-partition?

Br

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Hi guys

Thank you very much for your numerous answers. As mentioned I wanted to root the phone to uninstall some system apps and other nice conveniences. I was not aware that this requires a reformat, I just strictly followed the instructions in the video. According to the comments, it worked for everyone, but not for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOKWXVnlzdY

After I fail at the error unfortunately again and again, is there another way to root the device without having to install a custom-rom, or a re-partition?

Br

I will check the video later , but are you on the same build that used the method to root?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

And also what they are trying to say , did you choose the edit options and checked Re-Partition in Odin?

CYB3RV3N0M

Jun 18, 2021
Visit site

And also what they are trying to say , did you choose the edit options and checked Re-Partition in Odin?

Hi,

In the video, the AP file is copied to the device, patched through Magisk and then used through the PC in Odin instead of the original from the firmware download. I suspect that this is how the root access comes about.

In the Odin settings I have only disabled the option "Auto Reboot". F. Reset Time is active by default. Otherwise I have not activated or changed any options. Only F Reset Time is active

Br

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Hi,

In the video, the AP file is copied to the device, patched through Magisk and then used through the PC in Odin instead of the original from the firmware download. I suspect that this is how the root access comes about.

In the Odin settings I have only disabled the option "Auto Reboot". F. Reset Time is active by default. Otherwise I have not activated or changed any options. Only F Reset Time is active

Br
So somewhere between copying the files to the phone (patched ) he mentioned can get corrupt through MTP so re do the steps again

CYB3RV3N0M

Jun 18, 2021
Visit site

That's why I also copied the files via ADB as he recommended in the video, but the error remains the same. From the error message it sounds like it is not possible to recreate the partition, not that one of the files is broken, but I know too little about flashing phones.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

You really would be better off at XDA. Everyone who's responded here is an old hand at rooting, but I don't think any of us bother anymore.

That should help you how worthwhile it is.

The only real way to help is through experience, and I for one aren't willing to ruin my phone to get it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Definitely agree try XDA forums as they more for rooting , majestic etc..

Madkompany

Sep 24, 2021
Visit site

Hi, welcome to AC!

You trying to go back on stock firmware?
What region is your device ?

Hey i have a s21 plus 5G i buy online that is locked can anyone help me bypass the FRP

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Hey i have a s21 plus 5G i buy online that is locked can anyone help me bypass the FRP
Hi, welcome to AC!

[We dont allow discussion here at Android Central to bypass any security feature]

Madkompany

Sep 24, 2021
Visit site

Oooo dam sorry i did not kno i was just looking for some help sorry still

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Oooo dam sorry i did not kno i was just looking for some help sorry still
Yeah this community has rules and guidelines , anything else we can help you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12