first tradein jitters

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
this is my first trade in so is there anything I need to make sure I don't forget to do. I keep reading about something about accounts not being deleted so they don't get the promised amount. any suggestions would be appreciated

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
What carrier? Mail in or at a store? I always photo the IMEI and video the condition of the phone I am trading in as a insurance that the trade goes as planned.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe that refers to making sure you do a full factory reset, which would remove your account?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I assume you are trading in direct with Samsung. I've just done the FDR for my trade INS and have had no issues.

If you are doing carrier, they all are different. The last time I tried trading in with Verizon buying online the store told me I had to use the box they send and mail it in. The other times the store took the trade in and gave me a receipt for the value if trade in. With Verizon it's hard to tell what they do from day to day, they change their ways more then women change their minds.

Samsung direct or carrier trade in you will want to do the factory data reset and remove your SIM card if you're not reusing it and SD card if you have a SD card. Hopefully you have a spare phone to use as back up since you're trading one in. The note 7 fiasco should have taught a lesson, always have a decent back up, you never know when you might need it. You break your phone, have to send it in for repairs. I recently had to send my fold 2 in for repair, took week turn around, but I had my note 20U for back up, so I wasn't complaining that I didn't have a phone to use. If you don't have a back up, this could be a time to create a back up phone.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I think Samsung recommends going to Accounts under settings and logging out/deleting the ones listed then reset the phone to factory.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
sorry for the lack of info. was posting half dead. I am being mailed shipping packages from att. no local stores. I guess I am a bit confused about returning step and deleting accounts. It is talking about going into account settings and delete account there? I have seen posts where someone forgot to delete their account and lost the tradein value. Just wanted to make sure i was deleting the right account settings

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
sorry for the lack of info. was posting half dead. I am being mailed shipping packages from att. no local stores. I guess I am a bit confused about returning step and deleting accounts. It is talking about going into account settings and delete account there? I have seen posts where someone forgot to delete their account and lost the tradein value. Just wanted to make sure i was deleting the right account settings
Factory data reset should delete all the accounts off your phone.

Roadijeff

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
After you do a factory reset, turn the phone off and back on so you can verify that it comes up into first time user mode. Do not do anything past that screen, just turn it back off. AT&T will verify that when they receive it and if it powers up into anything other than first time user mode you might put your trade-in value in jeopardy, since that is one of the listed conditions that must be met when you return it.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
If you have a Samsung phone I like to go into manage accounts and remove account for thr Samsung on list... Then factory reset phone... Once you factory reset it when you come back up you should not see it asking for pass code then you are good...

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
thanks for all the help. normally I won't worry about things like this. Just stuck at home overthinking things though I I am having a lot of fun setting up the new phone ;-)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
this is my first trade in so is there anything I need to make sure I don't forget to do. I keep reading about something about accounts not being deleted so they don't get the promised amount. any suggestions would be appreciated
Factory reset in settings>general management>reset>Factory reset
If you do this through recovery your account will still be associated with the device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs