Its Official. The S21 Was A MAJOR Bust! The ship is sinking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It's no surprise that by making the phone cheaper by removing the most important features which make the phone unique (micro SD and MST Samsung Pay) are causing a major sales decline. Samsung is going to follow up this collosal mistake by not making the Note. The ship is seriously sinking for Samsung.

There's a lot of us loyal Samsung buyers for many years that boycotted 2021 because they removed these features and it shows in the sales data. The S21 was a downgrade!!!

Screw you Samsung! You can take it where the sun doesn't shine! I hate you for what you did to the S21 and Note line.

If there is a silver lining, Samsung will recognize this and bring back the micro SD. They are playing the same broken record from the S4 & S5 so far. They brought back micro SD in the S7. I do believe it will be back. Unfortunately I don't think MST is coming back.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsu...-47-decline-from-the-Galaxy-S10.553155.0.html

Last edited by a moderator:

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
For those that want an English explanation…

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsu...-47-decline-from-the-Galaxy-S10.553155.0.html

I mean I don’t think it has to do with the MST and MicroSD even though it doesn’t help. But this is nothing really new… I think the S4 was their biggest seller and every model after that has shown decreasing sales from the previous.

Loved my Note 8. Love my N20U. Maybe they just price their phones too high. People just don’t see their flagship worth the same as iPhones. They only get the numbers they do now with huge sales at the beginning and trade ins.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Come on corvette, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

I am mad as hell! I bought the Note every year since the Note II in 2012 This is the first year where I don't have a better phone to upgrade to from my Note 20 Ultra. [Mod redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
So, nothing to do with COVID or the general decline in smartphone sales or a shortage of chips, worldwide, then?

Samsung records $10.9bn profit in Q2, 2021 despite 22.4% decline in smartphone sales

Iphone sales are up 50% so the answer is no. People have had a lot of money to spend and it was NOT on Samsung phones.
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/07/apple-reports-a-50-year-over-year-jump-in-iphone-sales/

You don't realize how loyal a lot of Samsung users are to certain features of their phones. There are a LOT of people who are and they viewed the S21 as a downgrade from the S20. A lot of people are sticking to their 2020 Samsung phones including me with my Note 20 Ultra.

Samsung has broken their relationship with their most die hard customers of the company. You can not cut your way to growth but that's what Samsung tried to do and it back fired.

The ship is sinking. Samsung can plug most of the hole by bringing back the micro SD and patch it completely by bringing back micro SD & MST. Otherwise things will decline further and very possibly affect other parts of the business. Does it matter if you get a Samsung TV if you stop buying Samsung phones? Not as much.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Lots of people are migrating from Android to Apple due to tighter security and a more cohesive ecosystem. There are no standout Android flagship sellers anymore across the board.

Precisely why Samsung is putting everything behind their foldables this year, and Google is basically modeling Apple at this point. It's so much more nuanced than a stupid MST feature.

Unless you're buying a Pixel or a Z Fold, the android party (at least in the US) is over.

Last edited:

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Z Fold too expensive for the masses. And honestly I don't think most wil really want a phone that big. If people thinking $1200 is high for an S21 then you're not going to get the numbers on a $1600 to $1800 phone.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Z Fold too expensive for the masses. And honestly I don't think most wil really want a phone that big. If people thinking $1200 is high for an S21 then you're not going to get the numbers on a $1600 to $1800 phone.

A new Note wasn't going to be much cheaper, and Samsung doesn't need to sell 50 million Z folds to make a profit.

Add to that, the only alternative new releases that matter, will be the Pixel or iPhone, as I mentioned above. The choices have rapidly slimmed down to almost nothing on the Android side, which is why Google will be aggressive as hell this fall. Look for a Samsung like market push from them this year. And Samsung will go all in on their foldables...like it or not.

Last edited:

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Lots of people are migrating from Android to Apple due to tighter security and a more cohesive ecosystem. There are no standout Android flagship sellers anymore across the board.

Precisely why Samsung is putting everything behind their foldables this year, and Google is basically modeling Apple at this point. It's so much more nuanced than a stupid MST feature.

Unless you're buying a Pixel or a Z Fold, the android party (at least in the US) is over.

I disagree. The same thing happened before when Samsung cut features such as infafed tv remote and micro SD out of the S6. Sales plummeted. Samsung recognized this and brought the features back. Sales came back. Samsung for the past many years have had features that no other phone had which made it stand out and sell. MST + NFC is significantly better than NFC alone. It makes carrying a wallet/credit cards obsolete. NFC does not. This is one of the reasons I won't switch. If you take all these nuanced features out, it's the same phone as the all the other brand androids. I keep saying a lot of people understand this and are holding their 2020 Samsung phones and not upgrading in 2021 for the first time. That's a fact. And the significant drop in sales shows this.

A lot of the hard core people that buy Samsung's are techies and understand the different features. Those people that are not buying the S21 are not buying an iphone. They are keeping their S20/Note 20. I'm not saying people aren't switching from Android to Iphone. Just not the techies that spend big money every year to upgrade to the best Samsung. They will never buy an iphone.

What Samsung has done in 2021 is taking a step toward being an LG phone. What will Samsung do in 2022? Cut more features out to make up for lost sales or add features back. It's an easy decision. Customers have spoke with their wallets loud and clear!!!!!

Do you hear us Samsung?

MS3GT

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I believe Samsung dropped the ball this year. Foldables are cool and all however they are not practical. Way too delicate in my opinion. The S and the Note are the bread and butter. Their excuse for not making the Note this year was because of the chip shortage. I don't buy that. As many phones as they came out with this year including the upcoming foldables is proof that they could have produced the Note. Another thing they did wrong was not produce more 512gb S21 Ultras. I was so close to buying an S21 Ultra but I went with the Note 20 Ultra instead because of storage. I don't rely on cloud storage that much.

MS3GT

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I disagree. The same thing happened before when Samsung cut features such as infafed tv remote and micro SD out of the S6. Sales plummeted. Samsung recognized this and brought the features back. Sales came back. Samsung for the past many years have had features that no other phone had which made it stand out and sell. MST + NFC is significantly better than NFC alone. It makes carrying a wallet/credit cards obsolete. NFC does not. This is one of the reasons I won't switch. If you take all these nuanced features out, it's the same phone as the all the other brand androids. I keep saying a lot of people understand this and are holding their 2020 Samsung phones and not upgrading in 2021 for the first time. That's a fact. And the significant drop in sales shows this.

A lot of the hard core people that buy Samsung's are techies and understand the different features. Those people that are not buying the S21 are not buying an iphone. They are keeping their S20/Note 20. I'm not saying people aren't switching from Android to Iphone. Just not the techies that spend big money every year to upgrade to the best Samsung. They will never buy an iphone.

What Samsung has done in 2021 is taking a step toward being an LG phone. What will Samsung do in 2022? Cut more features out to make up for lost sales or add features back. It's an easy decision. Customers have spoke with their wallets loud and clear!!!!!

Do you hear us Samsung?

Even simple things like including a 25W or 45W charger in the box. It's things like that that people appreciate and they took it away. Another reason why I went for the Note20 Ultra.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I am mad as hell! I bought the Note every year since the Note II in 2012 ������ This is the first year where I don't have a better phone to upgrade to from my Note 20 Ultra. I'm livid at Samsung!!!! F' em. ������ F you Samsung!!!������ I hate you Samsung!

Have a feeling you will be loving Samsung again when the Note 22 Ultra is released with an SD card slot, flat screen and 1TB of internal storage.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Do you hear us Samsung?

Fair enough. But apparently people have been speaking with their wallets since 2017 (when Samsung and LG decline began), before those features were removed. While Apple never takes a hit...ever. People are sick of Android and their fragmented nonsense, slow updates and bloatware.

You can see it with the severely decreased traffic here and other Android sites.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2