"OK Google" detection issue.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
First let me say that my settings are set to hear me even in the lock screen. But here's the weird thing. It will not react to my voice, then I'll unlock the phone, try it, and it works. Then I'll lock the phone, and it'll work for a while. A few minutes later, it won't respond till I unlock it again. I've retrained my voice plenty of times. And remember, the phone is set to detect my voice even on the lock screen. Any ideas?

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
re: "OK Google" detection issue.

Wierd...have you tried toggling GA on and off? Mine has been wierd lately but different than you. When locked it has started answering instead of Home Hub Max. I turned the setting for answering while on lock screen off but still does. Maybe an update broke the toggles..lol

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Ok, this is what i found. All settings are as they should be. Assistant works flawlessly for about a week. The stops. When i retrained my voice , still no response. So what i found is that when it stops working, before retraining my vouce, i have to first delete my voice model, then retrain. Now assistant will work for a while (about a week or 2), then i'll have to repeat the process. No clue why this is happening, but i guess i can live with it. Only hope i'm not in an emergency situation where i need it, and it decides not to work.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Try going to Google app then clear data and force stop and retrain the voice

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

Try going to Google app then clear data and force stop and retrain the voice

I'm gonna do that cause all of a sudden my hey google isn't working it's weird. It happens every so often. I toggled off and on and I am rebooting phone then I'll try clearing data.

Edit: All of a sudden it is working now weird didn't work at 1st after reboot and toggling off and on now it is.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I'm gonna do that cause all of a sudden my hey google isn't working it's weird. It happens every so often. I toggled off and on and I am rebooting phone then I'll try clearing data.
Same, just works when I open it with home button
If doesnt work , Uninstall the Google app update and dont let play store update it , retrain voice

casiouser

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

Same problem here. OK Google works for days great, then doesn't. I've got no clue why. All the settings are good. I'm using it in the same location......

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Well, my issue is back. Once I unlock my phone it works, and will continue to work when I lick it again for a time. But if I don't talk to it for about 5 minutes, it won't respond to me till I unlock it. Very strange.

Zan5hin

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I had same problem with my S21. I first tried Google App -> Battery -> Allow background activity

It was not enabled.

Then that didn't work.

Then I went to "Optimaise battery usage" -> All Apps -> disabled the optimisation on Google, Google Assistant (there were two), also google services framework.

Gonna see how that goes.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss