Battery icon flashing

Anish Mahadeo

Oct 22, 2021
Visit site
When I plugged in my S21, the battery icon that tells you how much charge you have in the top right of the screen started blinking, and did not show any lightning bolt. It did not seem to be charging. Anyone know what this means?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!

You should be covered under Samsung warranty if its hardware, but check it in safe mode

Emo Trash Garbage

Jan 27, 2022
Visit site
When I plugged in my S21, the battery icon that tells you how much charge you have in the top right of the screen started blinking, and did not show any lightning bolt. It did not seem to be charging. Anyone know what this means?

Same issue here! Brand new phone and stock charger. There's certainly a difference between not plugged in (no flashing icon) and plugged in. The little battery icon is blinking instead of showing a lightning bolt to show charging. Hope my phone's not broken

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Same issue here! Brand new phone and stock charger. There's certainly a difference between not plugged in (no flashing icon) and plugged in. The little battery icon is blinking instead of showing a lightning bolt to show charging. Hope my phone's not broken
Welcome to AC!
Have you tried safe mode?

drippydrrizzttv

Jul 11, 2022
Visit site

My issue was it was too hot. Put it in front of my ac on my car and it fixed it in 1 minute. But that's my problem, others are suggesting it's too cold. If it persists then I will have to send mine in

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I had that happen to my note 10 plus. Wouldn't charge because it said it was too cold. Had to go in for warranty replacement of the temperature sensor.

maxsamsung

May 17, 2023
Visit site
Potential solution :
Press moderately hard with your finger below the camera. That can supposedly reconnect the better temperature sensor to the battery. If you accidentally drop your phone on the ground, the sensor may get disconnected and it won't be able to see that the battery is warm and ok to charge. In my case sensor thought the battery temperature was below zero fahrenheit and it wasn't charging it. That's just how lithium batteries work. So continue pressing moderately hard with your finger above the middle of the phone on the back and see if anything changes. Cheers. Ps. Obviously this only is a temporarily workaround. It doesn't permanently fix your battery sensor!! Get it repaired professionally to avoid surprises and not being able to use your phone.

oski1354

Oct 16, 2023
Visit site
Potential solution :
Press moderately hard with your finger below the camera. That can supposedly reconnect the better temperature sensor to the battery. If you accidentally drop your phone on the ground, the sensor may get disconnected and it won't be able to see that the battery is warm and ok to charge. In my case sensor thought the battery temperature was below zero fahrenheit and it wasn't charging it. That's just how lithium batteries work. So continue pressing moderately hard with your finger above the middle of the phone on the back and see if anything changes. Cheers. Ps. Obviously this only is a temporarily workaround. It doesn't permanently fix your battery sensor!! Get it repaired professionally to avoid surprises and not being able to use your phone.
You're a life saver! I tried it and it worked! I will try to repair it but for now, I'll thank you!

FluffyPumpkin

Nov 30, 2023
Visit site
Hi All, I am having the same issue with my galaxy S10 but the pressing thing doesn't work, I recently had an issue with my old battery, it started swelling so I ordered a new battery. Slotted in the new battery last night hoping it would work but starting having an issue where the phone indicates receiving power but the battery is not charging, a yellow triangle with a thermometer appears. I saw a video online that you can attempt to kickstart the battery using a wireless charger but I don't have one yet. I am starting to wonder if the new battery itself doesn't work coz when I slotted my swollen one it switches on and off and not the whole thermometer thing. If I switch on with the new battery the battery flashes in the corner instead of having the bolt. Another thing to note is that the battery is cold, indicating that its not charging, however I tested the battery with my uncle last night with his multimeter and he said the battery works.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi All, I am having the same issue with my galaxy S10 but the pressing thing doesn't work, I recently had an issue with my old battery, it started swelling so I ordered a new battery. Slotted in the new battery last night hoping it would work but starting having an issue where the phone indicates receiving power but the battery is not charging, a yellow triangle with a thermometer appears. I saw a video online that you can attempt to kickstart the battery using a wireless charger but I don't have one yet. I am starting to wonder if the new battery itself doesn't work coz when I slotted my swollen one it switches on and off and not the whole thermometer thing. If I switch on with the new battery the battery flashes in the corner instead of having the bolt. Another thing to note is that the battery is cold, indicating that its not charging, however I tested the battery with my uncle last night with his multimeter and he said the battery works.
Welcome to AC!
I would take it in for repair and personally Samsung repair center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781