Hi all,

After the latest android update my Phone has the facebook app installed and I dont know why. I tried to figure out how and I think I have found it but I need confirmation. I downloaded a copy log from *#9900# and checked the PRELoadInstallerlog.txt. could somebody please confirm my suspicion please?
    Attached Thumbnails Why has Android installed facebook on my Phone after the latest update-screenshot_20211202-013233_html-viewer.jpg  
    12-02-2021 07:11 AM
    I can't confirm your suspicion, because you didn't say what your suspicion is... But I can tell you that Samsung installed it because Facebook paid them to.
    12-02-2021 07:48 AM
    But I can tell you that Samsung installed it because Facebook paid them to.
    Yip, bloatware pure and simple now.
    12-02-2021 07:53 AM
    Hi again,

Sorry if I was vague in the text, English isn't my first language. What I was referring to with my suspicion was, I wanted to confirm that samsung/android by itself installed facebook on my phone. Going crazy over this because I am 100 % certain that I didn't download it.
    12-02-2021 08:53 AM
    Hi again,

Sorry if I was vague in the text, English isn't my first language. What I was referring to with my suspicion was, I wanted to confirm that samsung/android by itself installed facebook on my phone. Going crazy over this because I am 100 % certain that I didn't download it.
    Welcome to the forums and don't worry about your English. It's better than some native English speaking people.

But no, you aren't going crazy. It's not uncommon for additional bloatware apps to be installed as part of a major OS update.
    atif.21.farooq likes this.
    12-02-2021 09:07 AM
    Hi again,

They are indeed system apps.

Go to...

Settings > Apps > Your apps (small menu under Samsung app settings) > Show system apps (enable) OK > Facebook App Installer/Facebook App Manager/Facebook Services

You can then, "Disable", them.

12-02-2021 09:09 AM
    Hi again,

Welcome to AC!
    Majority Samsung have this pre-installed , you have the option to uninstall?
    12-02-2021 10:21 AM
    Thanks for the welcoming!

Yes it was pre-installed and I'm quite certain I uninstalled it since I don't use any social media. But all of a sudden in reappeared after the update and I couldn't figure out why so I checked the logs and I'm no coder by any means but from what I could figure out it seems as it was added to the installation package.
    Attached Thumbnails Why has Android installed facebook on my Phone after the latest update-screenshot_20211202-164431_chrome.jpg  
    12-02-2021 10:46 AM
    Thanks for the welcoming!

Yes it was pre-installed and I'm quite certain I uninstalled it since I don't use any social media. But all of a sudden in reappeared after the update and I couldn't figure out why so I checked the logs and I'm no coder by any means but from what I could figure out it seems as it was added to the installation package.
    Welcome!

Looks like it was preinstalled by your image but i think it was there probably before also u just didn't notice
    12-02-2021 11:23 AM
    I would not be surprised if a system update reinstalled Facebook as a preinstalled app, even if you previously uninstalled it.
    12-02-2021 01:00 PM
    I would not be surprised if a system update reinstalled Facebook as a preinstalled app, even if you previously uninstalled it.
    That often happens.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-02-2021 01:16 PM