I cannot download my contacts on my Samsung S21 to my car

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a 21 Range Rover Evoque and a Samsung Galaxy S21.
I can pair the phone to make/receive calls but get a message saying 'your phone does not support downloading contacts' on the car screen.
I previously had a VW Tiguan and was able to download contacts without any issues with the same phone.
Can anyone offer any help?

Paullimb

Dec 5, 2021
Visit site
Yep..deleted ar from phone and deleted phone from car then started afresh.
During set up it connects ok for audio and phone calls and I get a message on phone asking for permission for messages to be shared but nothing re contacts.
On the car I get a message saying my phone does not support downloading contacts.
Wierd as I used exactly same phone/settings with my previous car till last week

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yep..deleted ar from phone and deleted phone from car then started afresh.
During set up it connects ok for audio and phone calls and I get a message on phone asking for permission for messages to be shared but nothing re contacts.
On the car I get a message saying my phone does not support downloading contacts.
Wierd as I used exactly same phone/settings with my previous car till last week
What about Bluetooth menu in the vehicle screen any options there ?

Paullimb

Dec 5, 2021
Visit site
Nope, I've checked all yhe settings that could have the slightest impact on sharing anything but there's nothing specific ally about downloading contacts

I could go down the Android auto route but I do t want to have to plug my phone in every time I get in the car when it should work on Bluetooth like my previous car

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Check if there are any firmware updates available for the car system.

Paullimb

Dec 5, 2021
Visit site
So, my car has downloaded the update but it won't install. So now having to book it into the garage for a day for them to sort out the software.
Plus all I got out of them re the phone issue was 'it must be a fault with your phone'

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So, my car has downloaded the update but it won't install. So now having to book it into the garage for a day for them to sort out the software.
Plus all I got out of them re the phone issue was 'it must be a fault with your phone'
They usually say that lol

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The problem with car systems is that the manufacturer is unlikely to update the firmware very often to account for problems with newer devices. Probably all you can do is send feedback to the engineers who work on the firmware to let them know about the incompatibility.

uvarules

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have an rdx that recently had a software update & I now get a notification that my contacts could not all be downloaded...

Same with my 2015 TLX. " Unable to import phonebook" each time I start the car. Everything else works fine for calls, audio and text notifications. No previous issues until the last update in November. Don't really care other than having to hit the OK button each time the notification comes up...

ian phillips1

Dec 28, 2021
Visit site
Fixed range rover contacts / call list issue

Had an issue after update with S21 ultra, wouldn't load contacts list or call logs.
Can be fixed by Downgrading Bluetooth stack driver.
Search developer mode / got to Bluetooth version, change from 1.2 to 1.1, delete Bluetooth pairings, then reboot phone.
Delete from car and do fresh connect, 100% works 👌