Frija reverting to old firmware

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Although BULH is now OTA for the US unlocked S21 Ultra, Frija is only offering BUK7 for download. That's from November, and there have been four firmware releases since then. The three prior to BULH used to be available from Frija, but no longer are. I wonder what's going on.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Frija only gives the latest if it's not showing check if you have the latest or maybe someone at xda knows something, I can check in little bit see what mine shows .

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Frija only gives the latest if it's not showing check if you have the latest
As mentioned, the latest (OTA) is BULH. Prior to that, there was BULE, BUKK, KUKF, and BUK7. All four of those used to be available from Frija when they were the latest. But now, as mentioned, Frija is back to showing only BUK7, an old release from November. (Frija 1.4.4)

Last edited:

MNMobileGuy

Banned
Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
As mentioned, the latest (OTA) is BULH. Prior to that, there was BULE, BUKK, KUKF, and BUK7. All four of those used to be available from Frija when they were the latest. But now, as mentioned, Frija is back to showing only BUK7, an old release from November. (Frija 1.4.4)
There's nothing anyone can do about that. Frija just pulls from Samsung's server. If Samsung has pulled all of the other updates, then that's their choice. And seeing how buggy Android 12 has been so far, I can't even say I'm surprised

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Samsung started doing this about a month ago with 3rd party downloaders like Frija, Samsung Firmware Downloader, etc:

When a new firmware was released OTA they initially reverted that model's and CSC code downloadable firmware to an earlier version... usually Android 11. Then, after about 24-36 hours, the new firmware was available to download via 3rd party downloaders.

This also applied to SamMobile and Samfrew sites who were also unable to update.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Samsung started doing this about a month ago with 3rd party downloaders like Frija, Samsung Firmware Downloader, etc:

When a new firmware was released OTA they initially reverted that model's and CSC code downloadable firmware to an earlier version... usually Android 11. Then, after about 24-36 hours, the new firmware was available to download via 3rd party downloaders.

This also applied to SamMobile and Samfrew sites who were also unable to update.
Good to know

MNMobileGuy

Banned
Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Uhhhh, what??? You have no idea what you're talking about. I use Frija every single day for work, and that's definitely not the case.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Uhhhh, what??? You have no idea what you're talking about. I use Frija every single day for work, and that's definitely not the case.

Just one example to prove what I have stated, read forwards...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...rmware-sm-g998b-5th-jan.4218529/post-86211761

This happened for the internationals BULF release most recently, on the 6th January.

Guess I know what I am talking about after all. ;)

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
If Samsung has pulled all of the other updates, then that's their choice. And seeing how buggy Android 12 has been so far, I can't even say I'm surprised
Of course it's their choice; I just wondered what the reason is. The version they've left available is the first, and buggiest, Android 12 release. BULE, the most recent release prior to today's OTA of BULH, was much more solid, but has been pulled.

MNMobileGuy

Banned
Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Just one example to prove what I have stated, read forwards...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...rmware-sm-g998b-5th-jan.4218529/post-86211761

This happened for the internationals BULF release most recently, on the 6th January.

Guess I know what I am talking about after all. ;)
Samsung always pulls an update if it's buggy - any version, any model. Definitely not their first time doing so, and definitely won't be their last.

But the way you phrased your previous post made it sound like you're claiming that they implemented a change whereby all third party tools can only pull firmware that's 1 version older than the most recent, for all models.

MNMobileGuy

Banned
Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Of course it's their choice; I just wondered what the reason is. The version they've left available is the first, and buggiest, Android 12 release. BULE, the most recent release prior to today's OTA of BULH, was much more solid, but has been pulled.
1. Odin firmware never goes up on the server immediately, the same day that an OTA starts. It usually takes several days. If they're gonna leave ULH in place as the next official version, I would expect Frija to be able to pull it later this week, or maybe next.
2. You can still pull ULE on Frija, via Manual Entry. No idea why Auto defaults to UK7

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
1. Odin firmware never goes up on the server immediately, the same day that an OTA starts. It usually takes several days. If they're gonna leave ULH in place as the next official version, I would expect Frija to be able to pull it later this week, or maybe next.
2. You can still pull ULE on Frija, via Manual Entry. No idea why Auto defaults to UK7
That depends on CSC also VZW , XAA were available shortly after i heard Unlocked version on my Note 20u was available Andriod 12 , so did the update with Frija through odin. Was in beta .

But agree all I've seen is latest available with frija , SamMobile could have available , but ironass link could be correct they always changing things up, i dint know you remember samfirm for firmwares and now frija .

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
You can still pull ULE on Frija, via Manual Entry. No idea why Auto defaults to UK7
Thanks, yes, we can still retrieve BULE manually. But it's strange that the automatically offered version has rolled back from BULE to BUK7 while we await BULH on Frija.

I've previously seen Samsung retract a buggy update. But this time, they retracted several bug-fix updates and rolled way back to the most buggy one (at least for the automatic version).

Last edited:

milton l

Jan 27, 2022
Visit site
when i waz researching my update, i found out that vzw is updating their fones with the ulh version which happens to be an international unlocked version. im a newbie so i may have misread.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
when i waz researching my update, i found out that vzw is updating their fones with the ulh version which happens to be an international unlocked version. im a newbie so i may have misread.
Welcome to AC!
US and international versions are Not compatible with each other so Verizon CAN'T be on international unlocked version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12