Upgrade to S22ultra or wait until S23ultra

Oct 19, 2018
Visit site
I was considering getting the S22ultra and keeping my S21ultra as a standby, or are there any news on the s23 ultra to wait for better camera, system, etc?

Oct 19, 2018
Visit site
Thanks that is what I was considering, I am going to keep my s21ultra also! I have been so happy with this phone!

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah year to year upgrades aren't that much. Any "flagship" caliber device bought in the last 3 or even 4 years will still "basically" be just as good as anything available in 2022.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Do you want the S Pen inside the body of the phone like in a Note? If so, then get the S22 Ultra. Otherwise, it's probably better to wait.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Personally I really like a more rectangular screen as in the S22 U, as well as the spen , however I don't think that alone warrants upgrading from my S21U in my opinion

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded. I wasn't going to, but Samsung had the insane trade-in credit and I needed more storage, so I pulled the trigger.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Only real improvement (and maybe it could be perception) is better cameras. Otherwise, you will take a hit on battery life if that's important to you. It's why I didn't upgrade since I use my phone with a gimbal a lot to record sporting events for the kid.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded. I wasn't going to, but Samsung had the insane trade-in credit and I needed more storage, so I pulled the trigger.

We upgraded too and it's probably not really worth it probably but we got a 1000 bucks for our phones and only paid 7 or 800 for them after S10 plus trade in. Plus we got a $100 in accessory credit so technically our phones cost us like $200 a piece. I wanted to wait for the 23 but I figured this way our phones would be worth more by that time. And we're not big note fans but I will use the pen if it's inside here and I think it's cool some of the stuff it does like take pictures. We just did the upgrade our phones are coming tomorrow.

We have the pen that came with this phone the 21 Ultra but hardly use it. I think of it's in the phone we would use it more. But just to have the latest and to if only paid a come hundred dollars for it to me it was worth it I guess.

Last edited:

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I can't imagine the S23U being so much better than an S22U that it'd be worth waiting nearly a year for. I think we may see some improvements on the Qualcomm Snapdragon that may make the newer devices almost as fast as a flagship iPhone but do we really need faster processors yet? The 888 is plenty fast as are the SD Gen 1. The SD Gen 2 that is due in 2nd half of this year is slated to offer even grater performance.

Camera performance will continue to improve, of course, but is it worth waiting until next year for slight improvements?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I can't imagine the S23U being so much better than an S22U that it'd be worth waiting nearly a year for. I think we may see some improvements on the Qualcomm Snapdragon that may make the newer devices almost as fast as a flagship iPhone but do we really need faster processors yet? The 888 is plenty fast as are the SD Gen 1. The SD Gen 2 that is due in 2nd half of this year is slated to offer even grater performance.

Camera performance will continue to improve, of course, but is it worth waiting until next year for slight improvements?

That's what we said cuz I have no idea what the s23 ultra is going to be like but rumors that I've seen it's going to have a whole new camera sensor with 200 zoom. Don't know if that's true. So yes we were going to stick out our 21 Ultras until the 23 came out but then we just changed our mind because we didn't pay that much and got all these extra accessories. Really worth it no but we did it just to have the latest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC