Texts taking up to 24 hours to arrive.

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Has been happening the last week. Several said they texted me and I saw none of them. Restarted my phone and a whole bunch popped up. Same thing a couple days later and they popped up after restarting. Same thing this am. I did clear my browsing history the other day but apparently that did not solve the issue. Any thoughts?

EDIT: I did Google just now and found a page with some tips. I just cleared the Cache in Messages so we'll see if that helps.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That is a troubling issue! I feel like there have been other users with this issue over the past few weeks. Are you using the stock SMS app that came with your phone? Have you tried switching to a third-party SMS app to see if the situation persists? Does this happen in Safe Mode?

Keep us posted on what happens!

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Are you on Verizon? I am [but using S22 Ultra) and have had this issue a couple of times in the last 2 weeks. There is an article linked in the S22 forums about it.

stevetaz

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
EODK9Trainer have you noticed it happens when you are primarily connected to WiFi or does it also occur with WiFi turned off?

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
That is a troubling issue! I feel like there have been other users with this issue over the past few weeks. Are you using the stock SMS app that came with your phone? Have you tried switching to a third-party SMS app to see if the situation persists? Does this happen in Safe Mode?

Keep us posted on what happens!

I am using the stock messenger. Not sure how to switch to a 3rd party and not lose some group messages I have to maintain. Also not sure how to find Safe Mode or what it may be.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Has been happening the last week. Several said they texted me and I saw none of them. Restarted my phone and a whole bunch popped up. Same thing a couple days later and they popped up after restarting. Same thing this am. I did clear my browsing history the other day but apparently that did not solve the issue. Any thoughts?

EDIT: I did Google just now and found a page with some tips. I just cleared the Cache in Messages so we'll see if that helps.

Did you read through this thread? It has some info & suggestions that might help:

Texts not coming through

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=1049987&p=7102080&viewfull=1#post7102080

Last edited:

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
LOL. So many different issues with potential fixes that did not work for the ones I've read. I may now be even more confused. I'll keep reading and maybe even call Verizon tomorrow just to see what they say.

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you. I posted the steps that I took & it worked for me. I not 100% positive what caused the issue, but it's back to normal now.
:)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I am using the stock messenger. Not sure how to switch to a 3rd party and not lose some group messages I have to maintain. Also not sure how to find Safe Mode or what it may be.

I understand! If you switch to a third-party SMS app, your stock app should still have your group messages! Below is a step by step guide on how to put a Samsung Galaxy S21 into Safe Mode:

Attachments

• 1000001112.jpg
    1000001112.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 44

markryb

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
can see numerous issues about text messaging issues with S22 since last update...
have to restart my S21ultra every morning.... this is going to get old....
has to be an update issue

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
can see numerous issues about text messaging issues with S22 since last update...
have to restart my S21ultra every morning.... this is going to get old....
has to be an update issue

Not just the 22. My 21 is still doing this and I am restarting once or twice daily. Seems Samsung is perplexed over this.