Security patches

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
This is a screen shot of my S21 Ultra from Sammobile. Does anyone know what the ATC means?
67b3683287584fb6f559a2af375c2a90.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm on T-mobile and still on the November update. I have 4 lines and home internet with tmo, but I'm starting to get a bit teed off with them. Maybe samsung should just send out the updates directly.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok people listen up. Tmobile was no help at al in answering the question as ti why they are 3 months behind with security updates. I texted samsung directly and suggest all do the same right now. If they get enough complaints, maybe something will happen. Text samsung at 8007267864. Do it now.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I explained to samsung that T-mobile was 3 months behind on security updates. He took it to the boss and had me said I'd have it by weeks end.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
What will that do? So does that mean that there hasn't been any firmware updates for U1 S21 Ultra on T-mobile besides Android 13 since september?

Actually I believe you're correct. My last update was October and that was for the 13 update only. As I stated in my other post here, T-mobile had no clue what I was talking about(just customer service reps that put you on to tech support), and I couldn't wait on the line for support to give me the BS SPEACH. So I went right to samsung support and they were very helpful and couldn't believe what I told them because they are making efforts to get these security patches out in a timely fashion. So after being on hold for about a minute, samsung took my imei number and said they'd send out the patch by weeks end. I don't know whether it's just my phone they're sending it to, or if they just wanted to check to see what batch of devices on T-mobile were waiting for it. I did explain that my s21 ultra was a T-mobile branded, locked device. SO PEOPLE, LOOK FOR MY OTHER POST HERE AND MAKE THE CALL TO SAMSUNG. MAYBE THEY WILL LIGHT A FIRE UNDER T-MOBILES RUMP.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Actually I believe you're correct. My last update was October and that was for the 13 update only. As I stated in my other post here, T-mobile had no clue what I was talking about(just customer service reps that put you on to tech support), and I couldn't wait on the line for support to give me the BS SPEACH. So I went right to samsung support and they were very helpful and couldn't believe what I told them because they are making efforts to get these security patches out in a timely fashion. So after being on hold for about a minute, samsung took my imei number and said they'd send out the patch by weeks end. I don't know whether it's just my phone they're sending it to, or if they just wanted to check to see what batch of devices on T-mobile were waiting for it. I did explain that my s21 ultra was a T-mobile branded, locked device. SO PEOPLE, LOOK FOR MY OTHER POST HERE AND MAKE THE CALL TO SAMSUNG. MAYBE THEY WILL LIGHT A FIRE UNDER T-MOBILES RUMP.

Well, well. As I just finished my last update, I recieved the November security patch. Thank you samsung.

nitro115

Jan 13, 2022
Visit site
Ok people listen up. Tmobile was no help at al in answering the question as ti why they are 3 months behind with security updates. I texted samsung directly and suggest all do the same right now. If they get enough complaints, maybe something will happen. Text samsung at 8007267864. Do it now.

Doing it right now. Immediate response from Samsung - great! Thanks for the hint!

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I have contacted Samsung and waiting to hear back. This is a bunch of BS having to do this to get my security updates. Awfully funny that I never had any issues getting updates for my factory unlocked Note 10+ when I had it.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have contacted Samsung and waiting to hear back. This is a bunch of BS having to do this to get my security updates. Awfully funny that I never had any issues getting updates for my factory unlocked Note 10+ when I had it.

REMEMBER that this is not Samsung's fault. It is the fault of your carrier. Samsung is already releasing the January patch. Let's see how long it takes tmo to get that out. I would like to say that we should all call T-mobile, get to tech support, and complain like hell.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
When you guys say on so and so carrier, do you mean an unlocked bought from elsewhere phone? Or bought from so and so? Happened to me years ago in Canada, my solution was to install a direct from manufacturer rom. Extreme? Yes. Did it work? Yes. Not that I'm advocating this but if you have the wherewithal, it's an option.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
REMEMBER that this is not Samsung's fault. It is the fault of your carrier. Samsung is already releasing the January patch. Let's see how long it takes tmo to get that out. I would like to say that we should all call T-mobile, get to tech support, and complain like hell.
Of course it's Samsung fault they let carriers roll it out

Roadijeff

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
Well, well. As I just finished my last update, I recieved the November security patch. Thank you samsung.

I guess it was specifically just for you. I have T-Mobile unlocked. I just checked for any updates and it says mine is all up-to-date, even though it is still running the October security patch. I will text that phone # you listed.

Roadijeff

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
Apparently, I get the weekend offshore support. They keep asking me what type of Samsung appliance I have. When I finally got thru that I'm having trouble with security updates for my smart phone they're wanting me to d/l some smart switch app on my phone and connect to my PC via a USB cable.

<sigh> Maybe I'll just keep waiting until an update eventually becomes available using the regular process.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I dont want disappoint you guys but they wont send a software because you ask , they send in bulk when carrier finished certifying it and no one gets special treatment.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Mustang is right. I feel a little let down by Samsung, though. I set the date a week from now and no update on the horizon. My Google P6P got the monthly update on the 5th like it usually does. I had thoughts of the S23, but now I'm not so sure.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Mustang is right. I feel a little let down by Samsung, though. I set the date a week from now and no update on the horizon. My Google P6P got the monthly update on the 5th like it usually does. I had thoughts of the S23, but now I'm not so sure.

On the pixel they run into problems also my 7pro hasn't gotten January update possible bug and Samsung has already sending January to some devices i think s10 line up were the first

Roadijeff

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
I dont want disappoint you guys but they wont send a software because you ask , they send in bulk when carrier finished certifying it and no one gets special treatment.

Well, apparently one other person in this thread received an expedited security update because he texted Samsung support. It did not work for me and I am still running an Oct. 1 security patch, even though I run the checker each day and it says that everything is up-to-date.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang