S22U will feature a BUILT IN SPEN!!!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
https://www.phonearena.com/news/samsung-s22-ultra-note-22-fcc-s-pen-specs_id137102

Confirmed via FCC certification! I hope it's a thicker Spen like our S21 Ultra has. Makes it easier to grip. Basically the Note has lived!

I was VERY tempted to order a Z Fold 3 on Amazon today because they have it for $1,349 now today only but with the S22 Ultra just two months away I think I'll wait on this.

Should I wait for the S22U that will have a better camera, built in Spen, larger main screen and newer processor?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
That's a good question. I wonder if the Z Fold 3 will drop in price even more once the S22 is released.

I've moved your thread to the Rumoured Devices Lounge, since the S22 is still in the works but hasn't been released yet.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
That's a good question. I wonder if the Z Fold 3 will drop in price even more once the S22 is released.

I've moved your thread to the Rumoured Devices Lounge, since the S22 is still in the works but hasn't been released yet.

I would think so. Amazin has the unlocked version today only for $1,349. Before that it was $1,499. I'm shocked Samsung.com hasn't lowered their price. Amazon almost always has a lower price on phones than Samsung for the unlocked AND they usually always have them in stock too. Also, Amazon pre order has good deals too usually. If you're not trading in a device you're better going via Amazon. Also, Amazon easier to return if it's defective than dealing with Samsung customer support.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
But is it worth even buying now knowing that in 2 months we will have the S22/Note with built in Spen, better cameras, bigger battery.
You don't buy a fold for those reasons. People really need to stop comparing the fold to the S22 line, they aren't the same phone.

The battery life is fine on the fold, any power user will have to charge during the day with any of the phones, the rear camera takes fine pictures, it's proven in the post showing the secret great fold 3 pictures. The Spen silo, yes it's nice, but I like the bigger Spen with the bigger screen, so for me I'm ok with this. I use the Spen on the fold 3 more then I've used it combined with every note phone I've owned since the note 3.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The only reason to get a z flip, is if you like how compact it is when folder shut. Being able to have a 6.7 inch screen that folds into such a compact size. The only real reason to get the fold is if you like having a phone that turns into tablet. So yeah as mentioned, its a different kettle of fish. Most people it seems are still quite happy with the traditional brick or candy bar design. Until that changes, foldable phones will be a "niche" product IMO

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The only reason to get a z flip, is if you like how compact it is when folder shut. Being able to have a 6.7 inch screen that folds into such a compact size. The only real reason to get the fold is if you like having a phone that turns into tablet. So yeah as mentioned, its a different kettle of fish. Most people it seems are still quite happy with the traditional brick or candy bar design. Until that changes, foldable phones will be a "niche" product IMO
Until the price comes down more. Right now the folding phones are higher priced. Those aren't the only reasons to get either of those phones. It's a main reason, but not only. Under screen camera is a big reason for me, the main reason I got the fold 3 from fold 2. Bigger screens, only real way to get that now is thru folding phones. The other phones are at their Max sizes, and for some like me to big. So that's another reason. I can one hand use the fold 3 when closed for on the go usage, the note not so easy to one hand it in certain situations. When I want to use 2 hands I now can open screen and have a nice big screen.

The price comes down, and it will, the folding phones will grow as long as the folding technology proves itself durable. The note was on this same road when it was released. Samsung knows what they are doing. Wait till apple releases their folding phone, they will blow up in popularity. When the competition comes, the pricing will drop.

And here's competition. Not available here, but it's evidence that competition is coming which is good.

https://youtu.be/LTQ1bqpoFSc

Last edited:

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The Ultra will definitely be replacing my Note 10+....don't care what it's called. It has an Spen, I'm good. I'm not into foldables just yet.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I can understand flagships eliminating microSD slots but hopefully they keep this option on MIDRANGE phones like my old Samsung Galaxy A52 5G.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Even though I don't really use the S pen. I do like the idea of a stylus. I know Moto makes one. But I don't trust Moto's track record with updates. So I've stayed away.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

I bought my unlocked 512GB Fold 3 from Best Buy last month for $1099 plus free earbuds (still sitting in the case) and also traded in my 3 year old phone to get the Fold final price at a little over $800. If I sell ear buds for $75-100 I would have paid in the low $700s.

I love Note phones have had them for years, but love the Fold and sPen. The bigger sPen is great! I have not used my Note tablet since the Fold arrived. Plus pretty tired of glass slabs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey