S22 Ultra camera?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I've seen a single review from someone who actually has put hands on a working S22. I know reviewers get them sometimes way in advance but aren't allowed to release videos of the actual device until a certain date which usually corresponds to the official (insert something here but I think it is release date) announcement. Then depending on who it is from, what it is and the relationship between the reviewer and the MFGR, it may be an impression video, spec video or an actual review. Anyway having said all of that there are a lot of leak and rumor videos on YouTube right now. Many of them have what I'm assuming are case blanks, plastic slabs that show the size, shape and placement of everything for the purposes of creating accessories for the device's release. In the rumor and leaks department iTechNews has a really good video where they kind of compare the S20 U, S21 U and S22 U based on specs. I think that video will answer your question numerically. You'd have to wait until the official announcement when they can show the actual device for true comparisons. Oh and I think iTN gets the chip set wrong. I've seen more that say it is getting the Snapdragon 8 vs the Snapdragon 898. The 8 is supposed to be a super chip able to bend time and space but either way.

https://youtu.be/7o9QM4epwYE

If you want more than just a numbers breakdown try Mrwhosetheboss.

https://youtu.be/mZJ6sn1URAE

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hopefully better image processing they already have good camera sensors just need to focus more on software and image processing . We see .

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Samsung always has great cameras and the best zoom on a smartphone. I would love to them focus on shutter speed. That is the one thing they fall behind other smartphones like the iPhone and Pixel. I get more blurry photos with my S21 Ultra than my Pixel 6 pro and 13 PM of all moving things

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
And yet, reading the photo thread for the S21U it appears there was an update that made the shutter speed faster. And have seen some good photos of moving kids with no blur. Could also be some improvements with the upcoming update to 4.1. Right now nothing known but who knows....
I do know I have a friend in TN with two Australian shepherds that never stand still, move like little rockets and he gets some good photos with a S21U.
I have no S21U, but have a Pixel 4XL and if my Mals move quick enough, they blur the photo; however, both being over 9 years, they don't blur the photos like they used too.

One UI 4.1 For The Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Under Development
https://www.androidheadlines.com/2022/01/one-ui-4-1-for-the-galaxy-s21-ultra-is-under-development.html

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
yeah reading the photo thread will only show you the best photos. It won't show you all the ones that were deleted.
Then visit other forums and websites and they all point out slow shutter speeds on Samsung phones.
Then actually USE the phone to take pictures is the best way to compare phones and shutter speed.

Don't get me wrong Samsung has great phones with great cameras with the best zoom on a smartphone. But they need to improve focus and shutter speed
I will get the S22 Ultra and trade my S21U on it.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This thread is about the S22 Ultra camera .

Thread reopened

Thread has been cleaned. I remind everyone to stay on topic .
I will be watching this thread.

As per Guidelines :

Taking Threads Off Topic -While the interplay of a conversation in the forums will naturally wander; members must not intentionally derail a thread from its original topic.

Last edited:

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully better image processing they already have good camera sensors just need to focus more on software and image processing . We see .

That's apparently what is happening. The 108 MP sensor apparently will have a new mode to provide even more detail than before. And Samsung is making a big deal out of the new night mode that is supposed to be greatly improved over the S21 Ultra. Earlier rumours suggested a continuous zoom up to 10x, rather than true optical at 3x and 10x only as is with the S21 Ultra. But I haven't read anything further about that recently.

But apparently there is a real focus on greatly improved software optimisations overall on the imaging system.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Shutter speed and image processing. I really wish Samsung would just make a phone for Google lol. If the 22 ultra had the order 6 pro camera and software, as well as some of the pixel features it would literally be the perfect phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's apparently what is happening. The 108 MP sensor apparently will have a new mode to provide even more detail than before. And Samsung is making a big deal out of the new night mode that is supposed to be greatly improved over the S21 Ultra. Earlier rumours suggested a continuous zoom up to 10x, rather than true optical at 3x and 10x only as is with the S21 Ultra. But I haven't read anything further about that recently.

But apparently there is a real focus on greatly improved software optimisations overall on the imaging system.
Hopefully they can ,the telephotos is really good and love that but refinement is always good.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Shutter speed and image processing. I really wish Samsung would just make a phone for Google lol. If the 22 ultra had the order 6 pro camera and software, as well as some of the pixel features it would literally be the perfect phone.

I would love love a s22 Ultra with the Pixel 6 Pro user experience and camera!

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
And yet, reading the photo thread for the S21U it appears there was an update that made the shutter speed faster. And have seen some good photos of moving kids with no blur. Could also be some improvements with the upcoming update to 4.1. Right now nothing known but who knows....
I do know I have a friend in TN with two Australian shepherds that never stand still, move like little rockets and he gets some good photos with a S21U.
I have no S21U, but have a Pixel 4XL and if my Mals move quick enough, they blur the photo; however, both being over 9 years, they don't blur the photos like they used too.

One UI 4.1 For The Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Under Development
https://www.androidheadlines.com/2022/01/one-ui-4-1-for-the-galaxy-s21-ultra-is-under-development.html
The detail is indeed better on the S21 Ultra, probably a result of A12 and UI 4.0. Hopefully, 4.1 will include more enhancements. I think Samsung could improve the AI for image processing even more for the S21 series, but then again, they might hold off until after the S22 is released. I have a 512gb Ultra and if they can improve the camera a little more, I will have no reason to upgrade as I don't need the s-pen. I have the Gcam ported as well, but it's still not equal to my Pixel 6 Pro for still pictures. If Samsung can get the camera on par with the Pixel, I'll sell my P6 Pro.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
The detail is indeed better on the S21 Ultra, probably a result of A12 and UI 4.0. Hopefully, 4.1 will include more enhancements. I think Samsung could improve the AI for image processing even more for the S21 series, but then again, they might hold off until after the S22 is released. I have a 512gb Ultra and if they can improve the camera a little more, I will have no reason to upgrade as I don't need the s-pen. I have the Gcam ported as well, but it's still not equal to my Pixel 6 Pro for still pictures. If Samsung can get the camera on par with the Pixel, I'll sell my P6 Pro.

I've personally found the Pixel 6 Pro camera worse than previous Pixel phones and felt the S21 Ultra was really quite good and definitely more versatile. I don't think there's a huge difference between the two. Some shots I preferred with the Galaxy, some I preferred with the Pixel. But the days of the Pixel having definitively the best camera on a phone are over.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Yes, absolutely. I'd love to try Samsung again but their image processing was subpar -- especially when it came to processing photographs with pets.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, absolutely. I'd love to try Samsung again but their image processing was subpar -- especially when it came to processing photographs with pets.

Shutter speed has always been an issue for Samsung. But hopefully they have improved their post processing algorithm that can speed things up for them. They still have great cameras and the best zoom on smartphones. But can produce burry photos of moving things like kids and pets.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Shutter speed has always been an issue for Samsung. But hopefully they have improved their post processing algorithm that can speed things up for them. They still have great cameras and the best zoom on smartphones. But can produce burry photos of moving things like kids and pets.

Oh, absolutely. My S10 took amazing nature shots and photos of people. But when it came to my cat and the (moving) kids in my preschool classes, it just didn't hold up.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
More rumors to keep everyone's interest.
Uk03LDg.gif

New rumor suggests Galaxy S22 Ultra camera could be a gamechanger

https://www.phonearena.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s22-ultra-camera-specs-super-clear-lens_id138252

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I have an S21 Ultra, so if I buy the S22 Ultra it would almost be solely for the camera upgrade and AI improvements. I am tempted, but I have decided to wait until real users on this forum tell me that the S22 Ultra indeed takes clear shots of moving subjects and that animal fur is equivalent to the Pixel series,and not a blurry smudge. If Samsung can pull this off and of course with no major defects, I'll buy one. I've heard all the hype before. I really like my S21 Ultra so I do hope they can succeed and finally equal the Pixel and iPhone for both stills and video. So as soon as you guys get your pre-orders, take some pictures and let us know the verdict. The YouTube channels will all say it's great just like they did for the S21. I want to know what critical users think. I can't afford a $1,300 mistake and would rather wait, even if it takes several months to get one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star