I won't be buying the S22 Ultra because the Note 20 Ultra is better (micro SD, MST, 6.9")

Status
Not open for further replies.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
No micro SD Slot, No sale!!!!! The Note 20 Ultra is the G.O.A.T.! It's really unfortunate that Samsung has alienated their most loyal customers to save some money. That turned out to be a disaster for the S21 sales. We'll see if the sales of the S22 is a repeat but for the 2nd year in a row I will be passing on an upgrade. After 10 straight years of upgrades the excitement of upgrading every year is gone. Sad. I want a Micro SD slot and that's what I want. My Note 20 Ultra already has it. It has a 6.9" screen AND MST Samsung Pay which is the only wireless payment that works at places like the post office. I'm not about to give my Note 20 Ultra + an arm and a leg for a lessor phone. Looks like I'll keeping the GOAT for a long time. That's ok because it's the best phone that now has very rare high tech features. Samsung can go shove it were the sun doesn't shine. I'm not a sheep and I will be keeping my money. Samsung doesn't realize the damage they may be doing. The phones drive more sales to more products year after year after year. I've spent thousands and thousands with Samsung for a decade: appliances, tablets, watches, ear buds, TVs, wireless chargers and got knows how many Samsung smartphones. The smartphone sale is the gateway to selling other stuff. The last Samsung product I bought was the Note 20 Ultra. I may never buy another Samsung product again. The excitement is gone. It's surprising even after they did an internal audit because of dismal S21 sales how tone deaf and blind Samsung has become. This is an example of how great companies lose their greatness. Samsung may be becoming just another company. IBM, Sears, Sony, Panasonic, Radio Shack, Atari, Sega to name a few.

Attachments

• 112136.jpg
    112136.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
OK! Free country, you decision.

However, to imply people are sheep because they purchase a Samsung phone (or other phone) that does not have an SD card is beyond being ludicrous!

If a person does not need a SD card why purchase a phone only with a SD card? Why sit home and cry because a manufacture does not have a SD card reader; move on to the company that manufactures phones and has SD card readers.

I have a two-year old Pixel 4XL, NO SD CARD, 128gb memory module, and I have over 3K songs, hundreds of documents, some photos, very few videos and I am only using 45% of the internal memory. So tell me, why the heck would I need a frigging SD card? I'll answer that myself....NO!

Uaxps4p.jpg

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I kept my S10+ for the same reason. It has heart rate monitor, sd card and 512GB storage. It has Android 12 and a great screen. It is my secondary device now to the P6 Pro but I am not keen to upgrade to a newer Samsung. I like Dex as well and it cost me £699 new. I would be a fool to get rid of it.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Samsung has alienated their most loyal customers
Haha yes you're "loyal" in an obsessed-stalker sort of way. You feel like Samsung dumped you by making design tradeoffs you don't like, so now you follow them around the internet and harass their new partners with repetitive name-calling posts.

We're all happy that you like your Note20U so much. It was indeed a great phone. Please continue to enjoy it.

GrumpyMomofMacR

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
That’s cool. I agree with your rant and I don’t like that every year Samsung follows Apple and removes something useful and desirable. But why tell us here? Tell Samsung. Put them on blast on social media as well. Let them know they lost your loyalty.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I have to agree with this post. I have the Note 10+, and if I have had the Note 20 Ultra, there would be no need to upgrade. Especially for things that aren't really an upgrade, like no SD card support and only 8GB of RAM. I don't care if 12 GB isn't needed, if I'm getting a newest flagship level phone, it better be on par with past series in terms of specs or be even better. The Note 20 Ultra is the last great flagship Samsung device in my personal opinion.

One thing I don't really understand is for example and that irks me... starting with the Note 10+, Samsung started adding 12gb of RAM. So going forward with base models, they also went with 12gb of RAM for the S20/S20+/Ultra. the S21 Ultra had 12gb of RAM due to being the most premium model of the S21 series, but now, the most premium model this year, the S22 Ultra, base model is rumored to have only 8gb of RAM. What? Why? It doesn't make any sense to keep taking away features and downgrading devices while still expecting people to pay 1200-1400 dollars for them.

That said, as much as it sucks, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it or harass people about it. I'll just use an older device. Problem solved.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I understand this post from a Note 20u owner point of view and yes the Note 20u is a solid device even 2 to 3 yesrs from now .

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Everyone has their reasons and points...

For me I think (and this is before watching the Unpacked or MKBHD review) if you have a Note 20 Ultra... there really is not a great reason to upgrade at this moment unless you can get a great deal and make a lateral move without spending more than a couple of hundred dollars...

The 5000mah battery sounds cool, and I'd personally like to play with the new camera if the optical zoom is nicer at 10X and better low light quality. Won't notice the difference in the 6.8 vs 6.9 screen, etc.

But 12 months from now would be a different reason for me... my N20U will be 2.5 years old by then and maybe get one more OS update and if there is no news of a S23 "Note", then I would probably get the S22U to have a fresh "Note" for the next few years if there are no other interesting phones at that time.

I just went through an ordeal with my N20U (Black screen of death) and just got it back from Ubreakifix last week with a new screen... which includes the entire front assembly, fresh frame, fresh battery... and even a new back glass cover (because store scratched the paint) and no cost to me because of the ordeal with the store. So my phone is looking great and running great with fresh components so happy if I stay with it a little.

But I am waiting to see what the price will be with the new phone, see how much I can get it on my AT&T corp site and do the math from there :p

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you'll be able to trade your $1200 Note 20 Ultra + $800 for and S22 Ultra with fewer features. Ha ha ha ha ha. Samsung is going to get crushed!!!!!! I wonder if Samsung assumes their customers use drugs.

Hmmm do I even have a Note 20? Hahahaha.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know the the Note 20 Ultra is better.

Look I don't know what your end game is here but it seems like you want others or yourself to be convinced with your purchase. Since it was so important to make a new thread about it. As long as you're happy cool. We'll continue to use our "drugs" as you mentioned. I'm not going to drag this any longer. Have fun proud one.

Ihazterbo

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Cool story bro. I hated knowing the Ultra 21 had no SD slot and super bummed. However, I take a gazillion picture of my dog and all kinds of dumb stuff, apps that may or may not be useful and have had plenty of room left. I don't regret upgrading. If you are dead, set on keeping your phone because it has one, super duper.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
No micro SD Slot, No sale!!!!! The Note 20 Ultra is the G.O.A.T.! It's really unfortunate that Samsung has alienated their most loyal customers to save some money. That turned out to be a disaster for the S21 sales. We'll see if the sales of the S22 is a repeat but for the 2nd year in a row I will be passing on an upgrade. After 10 straight years of upgrades the excitement of upgrading every year is gone. Sad. I want a Micro SD slot and that's what I want. My Note 20 Ultra already has it. It has a 6.9" screen AND MST Samsung Pay which is the only wireless payment that works at places like the post office. I'm not about to give my Note 20 Ultra + an arm and a leg for a lessor phone. Looks like I'll keeping the GOAT for a long time. That's ok because it's the best phone that now has very rare high tech features. Samsung can go shove it were the sun doesn't shine. I'm not a sheep and I will be keeping my money. Samsung doesn't realize the damage they may be doing. The phones drive more sales to more products year after year after year. I've spent thousands and thousands with Samsung for a decade: appliances, tablets, watches, ear buds, TVs, wireless chargers. The smartphone sale is the gateway to selling other stuff. The last Samsung product I bought was the Note 20 Ultra. I may never buy another Samsung product again. The excitement is gone. It's surprising even after they did an internal audit because of dismal S21 sales how tone deaf and blind Samsung became. This is an example of how great companies lose their greatness. Samsung may be becoming just another company. IBM, Sears, Sony, Panasonic, Radio Shack, Atari, Sega to name a few.

Went thru this last year on the S21...We get it, the S22 will be a flop like you say the S21 was.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Personally couldn't use an older generation when new generation phone is out. But that's me and everyone's needs/choices are different. I have never needed SD card may be for over half a decade now. But if you need that you don't have much option other than sticking with previous gen versions which have SD card. Eventually when that phone dies you'll left with no flagship phone from Samsung to buy since SD card is RIP on flagship phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance