I hate visiting this AndroidCentral forum! Why? Cuz I just ordered a new Ultra 22!

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I haven't visited this AndroidCentral site in about a year. After checking out that everyone is buying the latest Ultra 22 phone, that reignited my G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) disease! So no more than a few hours later, I ordered the new Ultra 22 in green for the unlocked 512GB version. What put me over the top was the $250 value in free gifts which I ended up choosing the new Galaxy pro earbuds, plus wireless charger, and a nice carry case. Plus the free upgrade for the 512GB storage for the price of the 256GB price was a nice touch. The person I'm with is thrilled to receive the new Galaxy earbuds as a gift, since I already have this for myself and don't need another. This was on top of a $425 trade-in value for my Samsung Note 10+ phone (since I have 2 of the Note 10+ phones, I'll just keep one and trade in the other...long story). Plus I got instant approval for Samsung's 2 year no-interest financing plan so I will pay about $42 a month until the phone is paid off in full. I'm sure I will pay it off much sooner anyway. So yeah, the Note 10+ phone trade-in discount, plus the freebie gifts, plus the no-interest 2 year financing all contributed to my decision to get a new Ultra 22 phone, even though I'm still quite satisfied with my Note 10+ phone. The thought of having 5G fast internet was another large factor, so I'm curious if the hype is real or exaggerated for faster internet speed. I'm located in San Francisco, so hopefully the 5G service will be reliable and fast. Only thing I'm not happy about is not having micro-SD cards any longer, that really sucks. So hopefully the 512GB storage will last for awhile. I would have ordered the 1TB storage size model, but there was no promotional discount for that. The Samsung site says my new phone and freebie gifts should arrive February 25th. We shall see! :)

Last edited:

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, having the latest smartphone is like crack! But if you think smartphone addiction is bad, my camera gear purchase is far worse! Each Canon L series pro lens costs $3,000!

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Ultra 22 Receipt Screenshot ADDRESS INFO REMOVED.jpg

Screenshot picture attached of my Samsung Ultra 22 order! $998.32 including tax total amount of purchase price. Price does not include the Samsung freebies. 24 months of no-interest $41.60 monthly payments.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Welcome to the club! It's a good addiction we have to technology and the upgrade process. Here you can go through the ups and downs of the process with others like you.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
By the way, what in the hay is a Galaxy Smart Tag? I believe I'm also getting that as a freebie. Is that similar to the Apple Air Tags for tracking a lost device via GPS? If so, I'll be sure to use it for stalking peeps and hiding the device under the car like what I see happening in the news for Apple Air Tags, haha!

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I would not have ordered the Ultra 22 if it didn't include the stylus pen. Gotta have the freakin stylus pen as I'm a looooong time Note series user dating back to the Note 2 !!

Hehe I'm actually not interested in the pen at all. Can't really see a scenario where I'll use it or for what purpose I'll use it for. Typing is faster than writing so that's out. I'm not interested in drawing or anything so that's out. I don't know if I'll ever use it.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hehe I'm actually not interested in the pen at all. Can't really see a scenario where I'll use it or for what purpose I'll use it for. Typing is faster than writing so that's out. I'm not interested in drawing or anything so that's out. I don't know if I'll ever use it.

I never use the pen for writing cuz it's not practical and slow. I use the pen for drawing and adding annotations. For example, I might take a screenshot picture of a map, then use the pen to draw red line arrows that say "this way to destination dummy!" or "Meet Here!"... or something similar like that. Annotating a screenshot picture is very useful or even just to draw a red circle around an item to highlight something important. Plus on my Note 10+ stylus pen, its Bluetooth control feature allows me to press the button on the pen to use as a remote control for 10 second delay self timer selfie pictures of myself for a group picture...also very useful. See screenshot picture attached that I used my Note 10+ stylus pen for drawing annotations and words. Super useful !!! This is the power of a stylus pen that no iPhoney user can ever comprehend.

Stylus pen writing.jpg

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think I would use an S Pen either, so I never considered the Note. However, I got the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, which included an S Pen and found it to be great for taking screenshots, cropping photos and swipe typing. That's why I ordered the S22 Ultra, rather than the S22+.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think I would use an S Pen either, so I never considered the Note. However, I got the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, which included an S Pen and found it to be great for taking screenshots, cropping photos and swipe typing. That's why I ordered the S22 Ultra, rather than the S22+.

The power of the stylus pen can only be comprehended by using it! Non-users don't understand! ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance