S22 running hot??

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Please don't let this be another Note 7 situation again... I'll scream if it happens again

Now that's a hell of a conclusion to jump to! Don't worry, the phone getting warm and throttling while running benchmarks doesn't mean that the sky is falling.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
The Note 7 was a battery issue. If this is running hot during benchmark, it is more likely a SoC or software issue. I wouldn't be too worried about it

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Please don't let this be another Note 7 situation again... I'll scream if it happens again

They crammed the batteries in there without any room around them for minimum flex and they were getting pinched and compromised, I'm sure they learned their lesson after that fiasco.

Robin Fraser

Mar 31, 2022
Visit site
Many reports of Samsung Galaxy S22/S22 Plus and S22 Ultra overheating have been received. However, there are solutions that can assist in resolving the overheating issue.
  1. Disable background data.
  2. Disable 5G and use an LTE connection where 5G has spotty coverage.
  3. Put unused Apps to sleep.
  4. Set the screen’s Refresh rate to 60Hz for basic use.
  5. Use dark mode and use adaptive brightness.
  6. Disable NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Location services when they are not in use.
  7. Wait for next OS Update when available update it and the S220 overheating issue will be resolved.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Reports received by WHO? And who says a new update will solve issues that might not be a problem?

And having had a few S22Us I only disabled 5G, NFC. did set to dark mode because I prefer it; however, set screen to highest resolution, never put any apps to sleep, refresh rate left to auto, set brightness to approx 70% with adaptive brightness turned off, and never had a problem with either of the S22U's feeling the slightest bit warm, except when I first set them up and loaded (one at a time) all the apps, loaded with 3000 songs, about 270 documents I carry with me and then warm; far from hot.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
My s22 Ultra isn't running warm hardly at all anymore ever since the software update about a week ago! I have the unlocked model. Battery life a tick better as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87