S22 Ultra ear speaker VERY TINNY sounding on phone calls!

KenU

Mar 13, 2018
Visit site
Compared to my S20+ on phone calls, the ear speaker in the new Ultra sounds extremely tinny, cheap and has absolutely no bottom-end whatsoever. Not saying it should sound like a subwoofer but this is VERY disappointing. Yes, I tried playing with the equalizer categories, doing the sound tests, checked/unchecked Dolby Atmos. I tried everything...unless there's 1 or 2 equalizer bars that are just for bottom end that I'm not familiar with.
Anyone else disappointed with the ear speaker? Any suggestions?
Thanks

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Compared to my S20+ on phone calls, the ear speaker in the new Ultra sounds extremely tinny, cheap and has absolutely no bottom-end whatsoever. Not saying it should sound like a subwoofer but this is VERY disappointing. Yes, I tried playing with the equalizer categories, doing the sound tests, checked/unchecked Dolby Atmos. I tried everything...unless there's 1 or 2 equalizer bars that are just for bottom end that I'm not familiar with.
Anyone else disappointed with the ear speaker? Any suggestions?
Thanks
My S22U ear speaker sounds excellent. Noticeably clearer audio than my S21U, especially when on HD+ calls.

It's been 2 years since my S20U so I don't remember that one. But I do remember labeling the S21U as a step down.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
On speaker my S22U sound perfectly ok and better than my Pixel 4XL for sure. For the very short time before it was placed on speaker, it sounded ok for me. But that was a very short time.