call sounds robotic

scotiez1

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone is experiencing calls sounding robotic at times. I have the S22 ultra and I have WI FI calling turned on. On my old Note 20 ultra I never had this issue. Several times now talking to my mother or my sister at times during the call there voice would sound robotic and in slow motion sounding. These calls are taking place inside my home. I have restarted my phone and my WI FI modem. I remember several years ago this was common for me and eventually just turned off WI FI calling completely. I am also on Verizon if that makes a difference at all.

FACTagent

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm having similar issues with Wi-Fi calling intermittently. Sometimes the other party's voice becomes echoing and unintelligible. Also on Verizon

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
YES! I am having the same exact issues with WiFi Calling on my S22 Ultra. I was starting to think that I was the only one and that maybe I had a defective phone! I've never had this problem with any of my previous Samsung phones.

I sure hope a firmware update fixes this!

Post Nine

Sep 3, 2020
Visit site
have you reached out to Verizon?

Submit an error report after replicating the issue
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

scotiez1

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
I have not contacted Samsung or Verizon. I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. Its not a big deal to turn off WI FI calling. I have had WI FI calling turned off on all my phones except my Note 20 ultra. I had left it on on that phone cause I never had a problem. So If this doesn't go away soon I am just going to turn it off. It's not a big deal to me.

Wilma Francis

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried calling Samsung technical support about this issue?

I'm on TMobile, and I have the same problem. Can't understand the person on the other end of the call half the time and not hearing them the other half! I dropped my phone off to UBREAKIFIX Sunday. After spending hours on the phone with T-Mobile customer service. I don't have it back yet. Mine also experiences connection problems. I don't connect to mobile data at all at my house, and I did with previous phones.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any problems on Verizon here. I used to notice that when I used 2.4 GHz WiFi, but I got a new router that has 5 GHz radio.

Wilma Francis

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm on TMobile, and I have the same problem. Can't understand the person on the other end of the call half the time and not hearing them the other half! I dropped my phone off to UBREAKIFIX Sunday. After spending hours on the phone with T-Mobile customer service. I don't have it back yet. Mine also experiences connection problems. I don't connect to mobile data at all at my house, and I did with previous phones.

Just got the phone back. UBREAKIFIX stated that the phone is in good working order and the problem is with T-Mobile's roll out of 5g.

scotiez1

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
I think its more than just T-Mobile cause I'm on Verizon and have the same problem. I think It has a few bugs to work out cause this is a new chip set in this phone 1st generation. For now I just turned off WIFI calling. I really don't need it anyway cause my signal is great in my area. Phone calls are great now that WIFI calling is turned off on my phone.

Wilma Francis

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
How about without WiFi calling?

If I turn off wifi calling, my phone only functions in one small area of my home. UBREAKIFIX stated that it wasn't only T-Mobile having connection problems with 5g. That they had people with all carriers come in with the same problem I'm having. But that the 2 main carriers they see with this problem is T-Mobile and Verizon. I happen to have a Sprint tower less than 3 miles from my home that they say they're working on switching it to T-Mobile.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If I turn off wifi calling, my phone only functions in one small area of my home. UBREAKIFIX stated that it wasn't only T-Mobile having connection problems with 5g. That they had people with all carriers come in with the same problem I'm having. But that the 2 main carriers they see with this problem is T-Mobile and Verizon. I happen to have a Sprint tower less than 3 miles from my home that they say they're working on switching it to T-Mobile.
What if you turn 5g off and use LTE?

scotiez1

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
I switched off the WIFI calling on my phone. I have great signal in my home and everywhere around me. I am on Verizon. I have always had problems with WIFI calling no matter what phone I have had. But I figured I would give it a try on this phone. I thought my old phone was on WIFI calling but I must have been mistaken as since I turned off WIFI calling I now have HD on my screen and the calls are perfect.

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I was having the robotic and slowed down audio issues on my S22 Ultra when WiFi Calling was enabled. I received the firmware update today and it seems to have fixed the audio issues when using WiFi Calling.Screenshot_20220323-204433_Settings.jpg