Battery heating up, draining faster again.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Lately my phone heats up once again and less than stellar battery life. The april sodtware update helped a bit but once again having the same issue.

Anyone still having battery issues?

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
No problems for me. Which software are you referring to as the April update? AVCJ? AVCK? AVDC? AVDL? Something else?

Does the battery drain quickly in Safe Mode? What apps does the device list as using the most battery charge?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When do you notice this heating up on your video calls playing games or watching videos?

What your battery stats showing?

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
No battery issues for me since the beginning and time on battery has improved with the updates. There are so many things that can cause excessive drain and heating up your battery. Like already mentioned, it could be a rogue app gone wild, video games especially if you have a lot of other things going on in the background, too many apps running in the background, etc. Check your battery usage statistics and your battery settings.

In addition, if you have a weak data or phone signal, your phone could be desperately searching for a decent signal which could cause excessive drain and heat. When I'm in areas with no signal, I turn on airplane mode because no amount of searching is going to find a decent signal.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Do you have the GOS disabled?

I wonder if the most people here disabled GOS after the recent update?

I saw one YouTube video where the reviewer said the phone got uncomfortably hot under heavy load with GOS disabled so I wonder if others are experiencing this with GOS disabled. Haven't looked into it further but am curious because to me it seems GOS was just a way to control throttle the phone to avoid overheating and giving it a deceptive title "Game Optimizing Service." :confused:

Lately my phone heats up once again and less than stellar battery life. The april sodtware update helped a bit but once again having the same issue.

Anyone still having battery issues?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge