Apps for older android version

13Flossy

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site
Can someone help me understand this.?

First of all our apps auto update so they should be updated.

Or not in my phone.

3 no i found for older version Android and I did not install them. Never even heard of two of them.

So how'd they get there? And better yet why can't they be uninstalled. I don't understand.

1 ... Samsung notes add ONS
NEVER HEARD OF IT.
notes yes
Add ONS... Huh uninstalled after warning blah blah

2... Live weather. Heard of it, don't use it. Why is it on my phone? Not even the pre installed cheesy Samsung weather can't uninstall

3 live transcribe... Next heard of it don't need it can't uninstall

I think I am going to do a factory reset and go thru the painstaking one by one install

I can't find a reason why my screen still glitches. I was told to put the screen on vivid it would stop. If was already on vivid setting.

So after looking even further this is pre-installed but it's for an older version so why is it pre-installed in my phone if it's an older version that's retarded and the picture says that it needs Bluetooth scan all kinds of Bluetooth stuff it's for notes why does it need to scan Bluetooth why does it need a nearby devices why does it need these things that doesn't make sense to me more Samsung garbage I'm sure
View attachment 344688

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Here are the answers:
1. That's an app for use with the S Pen. https://galaxystore.samsung.com/prepost/000005769652?langCd=en

2. That's the Samsung Weather app

3. That converts speech to text. See my screenshot

If you don't want those apps, then you probably should not use a Samsung device.
a74fbd992de9908120b95ab2d37cf978.jpg

13Flossy

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site
Here are the answers:
1. That's an app for use with the S Pen. https://galaxystore.samsung.com/prepost/000005769652?langCd=en

2. That's the Samsung Weather app

3. That converts speech to text. See my screenshot

If you don't want those apps, then you probably should not use a Samsung device.
a74fbd992de9908120b95ab2d37cf978.jpg
Thank you for the answer to my question. It's not a matter of not wanting them it's a matter of understanding what they are then I can decide if I want them or not. Thank you for your feedback

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Each app gives a description in play store and you can decide if you want or not , there are too many apps over 400 pre installed to go over all them , if you have play store in it's settings to auto update should update by themselves if not manual check play store every couple days to see if ones available, same goes for Galaxy play store apps to keep those current.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Each app gives a description in play store and you can decide if you want or not , there are too many apps over 400 pre installed to go over all them , if you have play store in it's settings to auto update should update by themselves if not manual check play store every couple days to see if ones available, same goes for Galaxy play store apps to keep those current.

If apps are set to the restrcited battery mode, or set to deep sleep because of not being used over time, they won't show available updates. That could be what's going on with the old versions 13Flossy is talking about.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If apps are set to the restrcited battery mode, or set to deep sleep because of not being used over time, they won't show available updates. That could be what's going on with the old versions 13Flossy is talking about.
Available update in play store? It will but for the app to give a notification in deep sleep mode not until you interact with it .

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Available update in play store? It will but for the app to give a notification in deep sleep mode not until you interact with it .

Right, that was my point. If the app has been restricted by deep sleep, you won't see that there's an update unless you open the app. This would be a reason that someone could still have an old version as 13Flossy desrcibed.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Right, that was my point. If the app has been restricted by deep sleep, you won't see that there's an update unless you open the app. This would be a reason that someone could still have an old version as 13Flossy desrcibed.
Yeah definitely but you can turn adaptive battery off if they choose so