S22 Ultra is HORRIBLE

goldenzrule

May 17, 2022
Visit site
Is anyone else having a ton of issues with their S22 ultra? I've been a Samsung phone user for years, dating back to before the Note 3. This has been the most expensive phone and without a doubt the worst phone. The amount of bugs are ridiculous. For instance, the assistant pops up on its own ALL the time. Can be sitting in complete silence and it pops up. The sensor that shuts the screen off when you bring the phone up to your face (which I have shut off) constantly turns itself on and requires a reboot to fix. Periodically, the keyboard goes absolutely insane and hovering over it with my hand, about 3 or 4 inches away from the phone and the screen reacts and often closes out the keyboard as if I physically hit the back button.

One day it will take a few seconds to send a video via RCS, other days it will take 5 to 10 minutes for similar sized video, even when my wife is in the house with me, it will sometimes do this.

The screen scratching is a joke. In just days the screen looked like it was a 2 year old phone as my screen protector got delayed and I received the phone first. Battery has been progressively getting worse. I have the battery optimized setting set to battery saver in the game launcher menu. The keyboard is so inaccurate that it takes 3 minutes to sometimes send a basic text and voice to text is a complete joke now. It's unusable.
All in all, it's been a horrible phone. And I had the privilege of spending over $1200 for it.

Is this all Android 12 rearing it's ugly head (minus garbage screen that scratches)? Is this phone a lemon? Or is the S22 Ultra just the most hyped piece of garbage to hit the market?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Even with your wife there? What nerve. Where does this phone get off not working right, and having an owner who doesn't want to use the warranty, but anonymously ***** instead. The nerve!

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
With all of those issues, it sounds like you might have a defective phone. I would first go in safe mode and see if you are still having problems. If so, you should return it to get a replacement.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No issues on my s22U
Try safe mode see if everything ok , might be 3rd party app, if still issues factory reset and start fresh, are you on ATT using Google messages? Or stock Samsung message app

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I.....

Is this all Android 12 rearing it's ugly head (minus garbage screen that scratches)? Is this phone a lemon? Or is the S22 Ultra just the most hyped piece of garbage to hit the market?

Sounds like this is more of an isolated incident than anything. Most S22 Ultra owners and Android 12 users are not having the same problems you are.
You should still be covered by a warranty, weigh your options on getting replacement S22 Ultra, or return it and put the money into buying something else.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the stock keyboard? If it is not working well, then I'd suggest trying a different keyboard app such as Gboard or SwiftKey.

goldenzrule

May 17, 2022
Visit site

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Did you transfer information from a backup ?Sometimes that causes issues .or try a reset and do a clean setup.

goldenzrule

May 17, 2022
Visit site
No issues on my s22U
Try safe mode see if everything ok , might be 3rd party app, if still issues factory reset and start fresh, are you on ATT using Google messages? Or stock Samsung message app

I use Spectrum mobile which works on Verizon network. I use Gboard. I tried the Samsung keyboard which was a lot worse but didn't display the hovering issue, just very inaccurate.

goldenzrule

May 17, 2022
Visit site
Sounds like this is more of an isolated incident than anything. Most S22 Ultra owners and Android 12 users are not having the same problems you are.
You should still be covered by a warranty, weigh your options on getting replacement S22 Ultra, or return it and put the money into buying something else.

Doubt I can return it at this stage. I got it after the preorders first shipped. I can contact them and look into a replacement but wanted to check and see if this was the norm with all the issues I've had or isolated, hence my posting before contacting them.

1raygin

Jun 24, 2017
Visit site
What you are experiencing is definitely not the norm. I have the S22 plus and have not experienced any of those problems. It sounds like you have a defective unit. I hope you are able to get it sorted out.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
How can you doubt whether or not you can return it? I'm sure with the long litany of problems you've had, you would have attempted to contact Samsung about your 1200 purchase you have trouble with. You seem like the kind of person that would know exactly what the return window is. So how do you doubt. Look at your receipt?