05-18-2022 08:49 AM
32 12
tools
    Is anyone else having a ton of issues with their S22 ultra? I've been a Samsung phone user for years, dating back to before the Note 3. This has been the most expensive phone and without a doubt the worst phone. The amount of bugs are ridiculous. For instance, the assistant pops up on its own ALL the time. Can be sitting in complete silence and it pops up. The sensor that shuts the screen off when you bring the phone up to your face (which I have shut off) constantly turns itself on and requires a reboot to fix. Periodically, the keyboard goes absolutely insane and hovering over it with my hand, about 3 or 4 inches away from the phone and the screen reacts and often closes out the keyboard as if I physically hit the back button.

One day it will take a few seconds to send a video via RCS, other days it will take 5 to 10 minutes for similar sized video, even when my wife is in the house with me, it will sometimes do this.

The screen scratching is a joke. In just days the screen looked like it was a 2 year old phone as my screen protector got delayed and I received the phone first. Battery has been progressively getting worse. I have the battery optimized setting set to battery saver in the game launcher menu. The keyboard is so inaccurate that it takes 3 minutes to sometimes send a basic text and voice to text is a complete joke now. It's unusable.
    All in all, it's been a horrible phone. And I had the privilege of spending over $1200 for it.

Is this all Android 12 rearing it's ugly head (minus garbage screen that scratches)? Is this phone a lemon? Or is the S22 Ultra just the most hyped piece of garbage to hit the market?
    05-16-2022 06:38 PM
    Even with your wife there? What nerve. Where does this phone get off not working right, and having an owner who doesn't want to use the warranty, but anonymously ***** instead. The nerve!
    05-16-2022 06:52 PM
    With all of those issues, it sounds like you might have a defective phone. I would first go in safe mode and see if you are still having problems. If so, you should return it to get a replacement.
    05-16-2022 06:57 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I moved this to the S22 forum for more specific traffic.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    05-16-2022 07:10 PM
    No issues on my s22U
    Try safe mode see if everything ok , might be 3rd party app, if still issues factory reset and start fresh, are you on ATT using Google messages? Or stock Samsung message app
    nuangel2 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-16-2022 07:13 PM
    I.....

Is this all Android 12 rearing it's ugly head (minus garbage screen that scratches)? Is this phone a lemon? Or is the S22 Ultra just the most hyped piece of garbage to hit the market?
    Sounds like this is more of an isolated incident than anything. Most S22 Ultra owners and Android 12 users are not having the same problems you are.
    You should still be covered by a warranty, weigh your options on getting replacement S22 Ultra, or return it and put the money into buying something else.
    Laura Knotek and 1raygin like this.
    05-16-2022 07:54 PM
    Are you using the stock keyboard? If it is not working well, then I'd suggest trying a different keyboard app such as Gboard or SwiftKey.
    05-16-2022 08:00 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I moved this to the S22 forum for more specific traffic.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    Thanks. I already have an account, but it kept kicking me out and then posted it as you saw it. It did let me log in now though for some odd reason
    tismydroid likes this.
    05-16-2022 08:27 PM
    No issues here with my ultra unlocked love my phone
    05-16-2022 08:28 PM
    Did you transfer information from a backup ?Sometimes that causes issues .or try a reset and do a clean setup.
    05-16-2022 08:29 PM
    No issues on my s22U
    Try safe mode see if everything ok , might be 3rd party app, if still issues factory reset and start fresh, are you on ATT using Google messages? Or stock Samsung message app
    I use Spectrum mobile which works on Verizon network. I use Gboard. I tried the Samsung keyboard which was a lot worse but didn't display the hovering issue, just very inaccurate.
    05-16-2022 08:30 PM
    Did you transfer information from a backup ?Sometimes that causes issues .or try a reset and do a clean setup.
    Only thing I transfered over was contacts
    Thanks. I already have an account, but it kept kicking me out and then posted it as you saw it. It did let me log in now though for some odd reason
    If you still having account issues contact them here

community@futurenet.com
    Sounds like this is more of an isolated incident than anything. Most S22 Ultra owners and Android 12 users are not having the same problems you are.
    You should still be covered by a warranty, weigh your options on getting replacement S22 Ultra, or return it and put the money into buying something else.
    Doubt I can return it at this stage. I got it after the preorders first shipped. I can contact them and look into a replacement but wanted to check and see if this was the norm with all the issues I've had or isolated, hence my posting before contacting them.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-16-2022 08:32 PM
    If you still having account issues contact them here

community@futurenet.com
    Thanks. Seems to be ok now. It kept kicking me back when trying to log on initially but had no issues when replying to a comment, it then let me log in
    05-16-2022 08:33 PM
    What you are experiencing is definitely not the norm. I have the S22 plus and have not experienced any of those problems. It sounds like you have a defective unit. I hope you are able to get it sorted out.
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    05-16-2022 08:42 PM
    How can you doubt whether or not you can return it? I'm sure with the long litany of problems you've had, you would have attempted to contact Samsung about your 1200 purchase you have trouble with. You seem like the kind of person that would know exactly what the return window is. So how do you doubt. Look at your receipt?
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    05-16-2022 08:48 PM
    I use Spectrum mobile which works on Verizon network. I use Gboard. I tried the Samsung keyboard which was a lot worse but didn't display the hovering issue, just very inaccurate.
    I see , how about the message app ?
    05-16-2022 08:50 PM
    Thanks. Seems to be ok now. It kept kicking me back when trying to log on initially but had no issues when replying to a comment, it then let me log in
    I changed you to post owner so it be easier to find your thread
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-16-2022 08:55 PM
    I did a clean up here

[Let's stay on topic]
    05-16-2022 09:11 PM
    Using the stock messaging app?

The screen scratching easily... that one is unfortunate if only by normal carry like pocket no keys, sand (my wife plays volleyball so for her phone gets exposed to that risk for scratching) and nothing can do if quality issue. But the others... could be a matter of an issue of apps. I do find to have issues with a keyboard making messaging a task because the slight difference in positioning from on kayboard app to another. I found voice dictation to be worse in one app over other. I found Swiftey keyboard layout works best for me never hitting the , for spaces anymore like I did the Samsung keyboard and Google Voice better at dictation over Samsung Voice.

Messaging app I use Google Messenger lately over Samsung but my problems with text delays with pics I had months ago I think was a carrier issue that I've had sometimes over the years... in group text when the texts get fast and heavy I'd get delays in receiving texts so sending pics would hang forever. But I think it's on the AT&T carrier side.

My Google assistant I notice does activate out of nowhere once in a blue moon when in office but it could be some sound it's hearing on a level we cant that's triggering it.

Sensor that shuts screen off when held to your face issue... is that before getting your screen protector or after you got your screen protector. Protector covering the sensors? What kind of protector?

With Android you could always have more bugs to deal with because you do have that much more choices of apps to customize which can definitely cause conflicts.
    1raygin and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-16-2022 09:18 PM
    Doubt I can return it at this stage. I got it after the preorders first shipped. I can contact them and look into a replacement but wanted to check and see if this was the norm with all the issues I've had or isolated, hence my posting before contacting them.
    It definitely seems like the exception, not the rule. I've had mine since a few days before it actually was in stores (I preordered from Samsung on release date). I've used the stock keyboard, Gboard and SwiftKey and haven't experienced those issues with any keyboard app. I'm using Google Messages without any delays. Google Assistant is not glitching. I changed the Bixby button to open the camera instead of activating Bixby so I don't get any surprises there. I'm also using Verizon, but I'm running unlocked firmware not Verizon firmware.

It sounds like your device is malfunctioning. I'd recommend getting it exchanged.
    1raygin and mustang7757 like this.
    05-16-2022 10:57 PM
    As far as the Android 12 question, I don't think the blame can be laid there. My Note 20 Ultra was on 12 for a while before I traded it on my S22U. None of your listed issues on either phone, on Verizon. I agree with the advice for Safe Mode -> Factory Reset -> warranty/return.
    mustang7757, 1raygin and nuangel2 like this.
    05-17-2022 05:42 AM
    I've had my S22 Ultra for almost three months and have encountered none of your problems. The screen, in particular, seems especially solid. I use no case and no screen protector, and I still can't even detect a single micro-scratch. Frankly, you seem to be relying on repetitious name-calling to deflect responsibility.

I'm sorry you're dissatisfied with your purchase. If I were to buy something expensive that I found to be "horrible", I would be sure to exchange or return it before the return period expired.
    kevinpleasants and nuangel2 like this.
    05-17-2022 09:11 AM
    try retraining your voice for assistant issue
    kevinpleasants and nuangel2 like this.
    05-17-2022 10:52 AM
32 12