S22 Ultra 5G Exynos - battery drains too fast - May update

Jimboo84

May 18, 2022
Visit site
Samsung is marketing that the S22 Ultra 5G Exynos(5000mah) battery lasts a day. This is not true on Android 12
I refuse to use Battery Saving mode as it block other important incoming notifications such as e-mail.
Screen On Time is often between the 4 or 5 hours.
Functions which are enabled:
WQHD+ display resolution, Find My Mobile(location always enabled), VoWiFi, 120Hz display, Always On Display(Always), Adaptive Brightness.
In general it doesn't last 1 full business day

Jimboo84

May 18, 2022
Visit site
Battery drains too fast - S22 Ultra 5G Exynos

Samsung is marketing that the 5000mah battery of the S22U Exynos will last one day. Untrue on Android 12
Screen On Time often between the 4 or 5 hours
Functions enabled:
Adaptive Display, 120Hz, WQHD+, Find My Mobile(location always enabled), Always On Display(Always)
I refuse to use Battery Power Saving mode as it blocks incoming important notifications such as emails

Other issues:
- Messenger often doesn't see the active wifi or data connection which is enabled on the phone. Also sending messages are often delayed (Battery Power Saving not enabled)
- Facebook says I'm offline even though I'm network connected
- Whatsapp backup slow
- Samsung Keyboard hangs/lagging during typing, after X amount of seconds it typed everything I tapped before

Phone has been reset 2 days ago to its factory settings, currently May update
Country Belgium, so it's the Exynos version of the S22 Ultra
Android 12, Samsung One UI 4.1 version

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I merged your thread from the Android 12 forum into the one from the S22 forum. These issues are pretty much specific to the device rather than Android 12 in general, so I think it's better to keep the thread in the device forum.

Shellcracker

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Not sure I can assist with the second part, but stuff like Find my mobile with location always being on, display being turned to max resolution all the time, and always on display will naturally drain battery.

Jimboo84

May 18, 2022
Visit site
I merged your thread from the Android 12 forum into the one from the S22 forum. These issues are pretty much specific to the device rather than Android 12 in general, so I think it's better to keep the thread in the device forum.
Thanks for that. I didn't see any option how to delete my post in the Android 12 section.
Also, if anyone is replying to my post I'm not alerted via e-mail. Strange things here

Jimboo84

May 18, 2022
Visit site
Not sure I can assist with the second part, but stuff like Find my mobile with location always being on, display being turned to max resolution all the time, and always on display will naturally drain battery.
Yes, but it's normal people are using those Samsung features. If a company is marketing and promising everything customers expect a decent battery to support all that.

You will very lucky if you have Find My Mobile enabled should you by accident lose your expensive phone

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the snapdragon version which may do better with battery. But your battery will drain faster depending on what you are doing in that 4-5 hour screen time. If you are playing an intensive graphics game, your battery is going to drain much faster. Videos and music will also cause more drain. Having your phone optimized to the highest settings will also drain faster. As with every phone, advertising that the phone will last an entire day depends on those settings and activities.