Samsung added a stupid dim feature to where if your phone get the tinyest bit warm the screen dims to lower then 30% it will say the brightness is maxed but it doesn't start to dim until u slide it 50%-30% I assume it's because the other s series were getting horrible screen burn my galaxy s10+ had tiktok burnt into it but I'd rather have that then this stupid dim bull**** does anyone know if the s21 or s20 had this issue? I'd rather have my s10+ over this phone I can't play any mobile game or do anything on my phone for to long without it activating they should have a button to turn that feature off if the galaxy s10+ didn't need it the s22 shouldn't either I have to play apex legends mobile and call of duty mobile with my box fan super close to me so my hands are freezing and so am I and the phone doesn't even get hot it just get the slightest bit warm I'll never buy another galaxy phone again
    05-27-2022 12:02 PM
    Welcome to the forums?
    J Dubbs and Morty2264 like this.
    05-27-2022 01:19 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this also happen in Safe Mode? You won't be able to test your games, but you should be able to do things like watch YouTube videos. If the screen doesn't dim as the phone warms up, then it's likely that some app you installed is causing the problem.
    Laura Knotek and J Dubbs like this.
    05-27-2022 01:35 PM
    Oh.... * exits post *
    05-27-2022 01:48 PM
    Friendly bit of advice -- you're much more likely to get helpful responses by posting calmly and reasonably. People tend to get turned off or hostile if your post is on the rant side (especially in a subforum for that device, where people will tend to have a more favorable view of the device and company).
    05-27-2022 01:50 PM
    Friendly bit of advice -- you're much more likely to get helpful responses by posting calmly and reasonably. People tend to get turned off or hostile if your post is on the rant side (especially in a subforum for that device, where people will tend to have a more favorable view of the device and company).
    I don't think the o p is soliciting helpful advice... They're just venting about something they don't like.
    05-27-2022 02:01 PM
    Samsung added a stupid dim feature to where if your phone get the tinyest bit warm the screen dims to lower then 30% it will say the brightness is maxed but it doesn't start to dim until u slide it 50%-30% I assume it's because the other s series were getting horrible screen burn my galaxy s10+ had tiktok burnt into it but I'd rather have that then this stupid dim bull**** does anyone know if the s21 or s20 had this issue? I'd rather have my s10+ over this phone I can't play any mobile game or do anything on my phone for to long without it activating they should have a button to turn that feature off if the galaxy s10+ didn't need it the s22 shouldn't either I have to play apex legends mobile and call of duty mobile with my box fan super close to me so my hands are freezing and so am I and the phone doesn't even get hot it just get the slightest bit warm I'll never buy another galaxy phone again
    Where you getting these games ? Play store?
    Your using Samsung game launcher or without? How long you playing the game before it gets hot ?

You can tweak game laucher settings by tapping game booster settings turn screen resolution, change performance mode etc..Having Samsung issues-screenshot_20220527-160210_game-20booster.jpg
    05-27-2022 03:04 PM
    OP I am sorry you are having issues.people here may be able to help.But just because you have issues does not mean s22 sucks or all Samsungs suck.that’s your opinion only.I love my s22ultra and have not had any issues .goodluck with device if you don’t like it trade it in or get a different phone
    05-27-2022 05:39 PM
    Samsungs, and Android, for that matter are not for everyone. ...but for me, Samsungs are among the best. I'm sorry the OP is having a negative experience.
    05-28-2022 02:58 PM
    Not really true at all. I could have said all galaxy S22s suck after my experience with my first getting absurdly hot while using the camera. After I turned it in and exchanged it under the retailer's 30 day warranty(verizon) it's been awesome.
    05-28-2022 07:19 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! As another user stated, perhaps an exchange would be beneficial for you.
    05-29-2022 06:48 AM
    Welcome to the forums.

This is the first I am hearing about this. However, I also have to ask do you have a thicker case on the phone like an OtterBox Defender? Something to keep in mind is the back of the phone is basically a big heatsink. If you throw a thick rubber cushion around it followed by a fairly thick plastic cover you are holding heat into the phone.
    05-29-2022 07:51 AM
    I will also agree that Samsungs aren't for everyone. I walked away after the S3 due to so much extra programs/features that I didn't use. Went with trimmed down versions of Android ever since.
    05-29-2022 07:54 AM
    You created a username like that just to create this post? 🤣
    Attached Thumbnails Having Samsung issues-11642.jpg  
    05-30-2022 12:18 PM
    I would just like to point out how generally decent and civil the responses in this thread have been. The Mods have had to do very little moderating (and the posts that were removed were really not malicious, just not felt to be necessary). I would venture a guess that a post like this on most any other forum would have been absolutely decimated by extremely virulent hellfire responses. It's a testament to the kind of people we have in this community!
    05-30-2022 01:21 PM
    Samsungs are not for everyone. Apples are not for everyone. Pixels are not for everyone. Each one with each one's most perfect gadget.

Hope you'll find the device that suits you best. Just forget Samsung if you don't like it. Smartphones are a too unimportant item in life to bother so much about it.

Welcome to the forums!
    05-30-2022 04:54 PM
    What a lucky username choice. What are the odds?
    05-31-2022 11:55 AM
    What a lucky username choice. What are the odds?
    Self-fulfilling prophecy?
    05-31-2022 12:19 PM
    I get it. This type of reaction is human nature. My experience with LG phones left a bad taste in my mouth and would never buy one again. Even if they were still making mobile phones. But, to completely dismiss an entire company based off someone's own personal experience with them is absurd

My wife's been using Samsung devices since the S4. She loves them. The S8 was her only phone that suffered screen burn-in. The kids would get the hand-me-downs after upgrading. Currently, my son is using the S10 while my daughter has a Note 9. Neither one has had any major issues with the phones based on their usage.

I'm not going to go on imore and start ranting and raving on how much Apple sucks because I am currently having issues with an iPhone 13 Pro. Apple makes great products and millions of people use iPhones without a single problem. I am debating on whether to go back to Samsung right now.
    05-31-2022 01:26 PM
    I get it. This type of reaction is human nature. My experience with LG phones left a bad taste in my mouth and would never buy one again. Even if they were still making mobile phones. But, to completely dismiss an entire company based off someone's own personal experience with them is absurd

My wife's been using Samsung devices since the S4. She loves them. The S8 was her only phone that suffered screen burn-in. The kids would get the hand-me-downs after upgrading. Currently, my son is using the S10 while my daughter has a Note 9. Neither one has had any major issues with the phones based on their usage.

I'm not going to go on imore and start ranting and raving on how much Apple sucks because I am currently having issues with an iPhone 13 Pro. Apple makes great products and millions of people use iPhones without a single problem. I am debating on whether to go back to Samsung right now.
    Perhaps you can try an S22U out for a bit, maybe a week, and see if it's where you want to be.
    05-31-2022 05:03 PM
    Hey Tadpoles. Yeah, the Ultra is what I am leaning towards. I really wanted to give the Pixel line one more go around with the 6, but very hesitant with the amount of complaints I've been reading about it.
    tadpoles likes this.
    06-01-2022 09:11 AM
    Hey Tadpoles. Yeah, the Ultra is what I am leaning towards. I really wanted to give the Pixel line one more go around with the 6, but very hesitant with the amount of complaints I've been reading about it.
    I would never say the complaints are exaggerated. I wouldn't want to discount those who have had problems with their Pixel but I can tell you my experience with the Pixel 6 has been great. That being said, I also have a S21 Ultra and it's fantastic. The camera doesn't capture my constantly moving toddler though. Hence the need for a Pixel.
    06-01-2022 09:20 AM
    I would never say the complaints are exaggerated. I wouldn't want to discount those who have had problems with their Pixel but I can tell you my experience with the Pixel 6 has been great. That being said, I also have a S21 Ultra and it's fantastic. The camera doesn't capture my constantly moving toddler though. Hence the need for a Pixel.
    I usually take complaints with a huge grain of salt as a lot of them are user related. Outside of LG, I've also had great success with all the phones (including Pixels 1 - 5) I've owned over the years. The S21 Ultra was a fantastic device. I should have kept it over the iPhone 13, but as mentioned in another post, I wanted to see the hype surrounding the Apple watch.
    gendo667 likes this.
    06-01-2022 11:33 AM
    [Edit the title of this thread to have more meaning]
    gendo667 and nuangel2 like this.
    06-01-2022 11:39 AM