06-03-2022 04:00 PM
29 12
tools
    Probably seeing more people hold on to their device at least 2 years , maybe manufacturer will do a every 2 year new model , what you guys think?

https://www.theverge.com/2022/5/27/2...plan-cuts-2022
    BerryBubbles and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-27-2022 04:40 PM
    Makes me worried that by cutting quantity of products, prices for said products will end up increasing. Probably good thing now I got my S22 with 4 years of software upgrades.
    05-27-2022 04:44 PM
    This honestly surprises me. It was really hard to get ahold of my 512gb S22 ultra in my area. Even now stores just aren't carrying stock around here.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-27-2022 04:45 PM
    Makes sense. Inflation, high gas prices are going to cut in all manufacturing products. I will keep my insurance on the fold 3 for now. I'll see what the fold 4 brings,but not looking like much better then the 3 from the rumors.
    05-27-2022 05:25 PM
    Makes sense. Inflation, high gas prices are going to cut in all manufacturing products. I will keep my insurance on the fold 3 for now. I'll see what the fold 4 brings,but not looking like much better then the 3 from the rumors.
    The big improvements I've heard and please don't quote me on this, is they are looking to upgrade build quality again and bring the camera up to par with the S series.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    05-27-2022 05:35 PM
    I agree. This decision seems to make sound business sense given the direction that the economy is headed. Personally I tend to upgrade every between 2 1/2 to 3 years so I'm good.
    05-27-2022 05:36 PM
    The big improvements I've heard and please don't quote me on this, is they are looking to upgrade build quality again and bring the camera up to par with the S series.
    I've heard them go back and forth on those rumors. Dust resistant would be a big improvement.
    jhnnyblze2000 likes this.
    05-27-2022 05:36 PM
    I've heard them go back and forth on those rumors. Dust resistant would be a big improvement.
    How's the screen holding up on yours? I flirted with getting it a few months before I got the ultra but kept changing my mind cause of all the people saying the crease was getting so bad and noticible.
    05-27-2022 05:38 PM
    How's the screen holding up on yours? I flirted with getting it a few months before I got the ultra but kept changing my mind cause of all the people saying the crease was getting so bad and noticible.
    The screen is holding up good. Gave me a scare a couple weeks ago, a crack formed on bottom screen in crease. Couldn't tell if it was screen or screen protector, turned out to be screen protector. Replaced free under warranty,but I figure I'll be putting a whitedome on it after warranty period if I keep it that long.

You notice the crease in middle, but becomes normal over time and don't notice it. I'm still a fold user and intend on it for awhile.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-27-2022 05:50 PM
    This honestly surprises me. It was really hard to get ahold of my 512gb S22 ultra in my area. Even now stores just aren't carrying stock around here.
    I waited about a month for my 512 gb version as well
    05-27-2022 06:22 PM
    I'm glad I got my S22 Ultra back in February. I'm good now for at least 2 years, but I'm glad I got it when I did.
    05-27-2022 07:03 PM
    I waited 4 weeks for samsung direct to ship my 512 unlocked S22 ultra never came .so I then canceledit that phone and went thru best buy. waited 1 week only for my unlocked S22 ultra phantom white from them. I am happy. I still have 8 month old note 20 ultra
    05-27-2022 07:18 PM
    I waited 4 weeks for samsung direct to ship my 512 unlocked S22 ultra never came .so I then canceledit that phone and went thru best buy. waited 1 week only for my unlocked S22 ultra phantom white from them. I am happy. I still have 8 month old note 20 ultra
    I thought of what you had to go through when I first read The Verge article. The s22 Series release was stressful for so many people this year with all the delays & thefts. I hope we are not looking at the 'new normal'.

I didn't trade in my Note 20 Ultra when I bought the s22 Ultra so that I would have a good back up phone. I'll be okay for a few years unless I fall victim to some new model temptation.
    05-27-2022 07:46 PM
    Makes me worried that by cutting quantity of products, prices for said products will end up increasing. Probably good thing now I got my S22 with 4 years of software upgrades.
    I hope that doesn't happen
    05-27-2022 07:49 PM
    I hope that doesn't happen
    Doubt it. If they can't keep prices competitive to iPhones then they only hurt themselves.
    05-27-2022 08:53 PM
    Oh really they're hard to come by. We just got ours yesterday and only traded up our s21 Ultra because of the trade-in deal. And it's only been a day and I'm really liking the phone I don't really know much about the S Pen because I was never a note person. I mean I had a pen with my 21 but it was different of course and I hardly used it cuz it wasn't in the phone. But I upgraded just so when the next one came out I'd get more from my phone but I'm fine with sticking with this one for a while as good as I think it is so far.
    05-27-2022 08:54 PM
    I'm glad I got my S22 Ultra back in February. I'm good now for at least 2 years, but I'm glad I got it when I did.
    That's like when we got our rest 21 512 Ultras they were hard to come by and now I'm glad we got our 22 offers and we got them quick. I won't be happy until we send our old ones back in the trade-in gets approved
    Laura Knotek and mustang7757 like this.
    05-27-2022 08:56 PM
    Oh really they're hard to come by. We just got ours yesterday and only traded up our s21 Ultra because of the trade-in deal. And it's only been a day and I'm really liking the phone I don't really know much about the S Pen because I was never a note person. I mean I had a pen with my 21 but it was different of course and I hardly used it cuz it wasn't in the phone. But I upgraded just so when the next one came out I'd get more from my phone but I'm fine with sticking with this one for a while as good as I think it is so far.
    Enjoy the new phones.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-27-2022 09:08 PM
    I had never been a Note person either, but I got a Samsung Tab S6 Lite tablet 1½ years ago. There was an S Pen with my tablet, and I ended up using the S Pen. Now I think the S Pen is a great feature that I don't know how I lived without it.
    05-27-2022 09:11 PM
    Doubt it. If they can't keep prices competitive to iPhones then they only hurt themselves.
    Good point
    J Dubbs and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-27-2022 09:13 PM
    I had never been a Note person either, but I got a Samsung Tab S6 Lite tablet 1½ years ago. There was an S Pen with my tablet, and I ended up using the S Pen. Now I think the S Pen is a great feature that I don't know how I lived without it.
    The accuracy the Spen provides is on another level
    05-27-2022 09:14 PM
    My husband had one with good Galaxy tab 3 he hard to have and some Minoan at the mall bought his tablet and he got to keep the pen and he liked it. But we did get 2 pens free with our 21 Ultra also.
    05-27-2022 09:19 PM
    The accuracy the Spen provides is on another level
    For real, I didn't truly appreciate it until I used a Motorola Stylus. Their pen is so much worse then the S Pen its almost indescribable. Really made me appreciate how good the S Pen is. Now its seems hard to use a phone that doesn't have one. Even though I don't use it all the time I love it when I want/need it.
    mustang7757 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-28-2022 04:17 PM
    For real, I didn't truly appreciate it until I used a Motorola Stylus. Their pen is so much worse then the S Pen its almost indescribable. Really made me appreciate how good the S Pen is. Now its seems hard to use a phone that doesn't have one. Even though I don't use it all the time I love it when I want/need it.
    Same here we got the S Pen with our 21 Ultra and hardly used it. Now that I have it built into the phone I was playing around with it tonight and I like having it there even if I don't use it often. I just am not used all the features and stuff that it does but I'll play around with it more.
    05-28-2022 11:32 PM
    Me too
    05-29-2022 06:17 PM
29 12