Help! AT&T Trade Denied

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I pre-ordered my S22 Ultra back in February. It was during the time when AT&T was running the promotion where you could trade in any galaxy phone, in any condition, and receive an $800 credit. I checked the list and saw that S7 Edge was eligible. I filled out the information, received my new phone, and sent back the old S7 Edge. The screen was cracked on that phone, but according to the promotion it didn't matter. I waited 3 months before deciding to call since they say it can take up to 3 billing cycles to begin to receive credit. But today I called to check up on the status and was told my trade was denied because it was an S7 Edge and was cracked. Please tell me someone else here remembers that promotion or better yet has a screenshot of the terms? I was on the phone with an at&t rep for about an hour and they were totally oblivious to the promotion I was referring to. This really sucks as that promotion was the only reason I even upgraded. My wife upgraded at the same time and is currently receiving her credit under the same promotion. Please help if anyone remembers that promotion.

1raygin

Jun 24, 2017
Visit site
I remember and took advantage of the AT&T promotion myself. I also traded in a S7 Edge but it was in good condition. The promotion advertised to trade in any Samsung phone in any condition. It took about 2 weeks for me to receive notification that my trade in was accepted.

Shellcracker

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Verizon had the same promotion and that is what got me to upgrade. I upgraded may 4th and left the store with a brand new S22. Sent my old cracked screen Galaxy S9 to the package store the next day after I transferred my photos and stuff. They mailed it out that day(the 5th) and on the 16th I received notification that my trade in had been accepted, phone was verified, and given full trade in value, thus leaving me with a free Galaxy S22 so long as I honor the 3 year agreement set forth by the trade in.(which I will, as I see no need to move on from them).

Hopefully this was just an oversight in your case and they'll get you your full trade in value for your S7 Edge.

bennett22

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how they don't know about the promotion since I still see commercials about it. I just went to their website , and it's still on there as well, here's screenshots I just tookScreenshot_20220530-184312_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220530-184321_Chrome.jpg

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I got it resolved. I called back and got on another day, and of course got a different agent. The difference was night and day. This agent was much more knowledgeable and helpful. He instantly knew what I was talking about and begin work on processing my credits. I really don't get how the last agent was so uninformed. I didn't even realize that they had literally brought back the same promotion and were running it at the time I spoke with the first agent. As you could imagine it was very frustrating being told repeatedly that my trade was denied because of a cracked screen, when literally that was irrelevant to the deal. Thanks to everyone for the help.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I got it resolved. I called back and got on another day, and of course got a different agent. The difference was night and day. This agent was much more knowledgeable and helpful. He instantly knew what I was talking about and begin work on processing my credits. I really don't get how the last agent was so uninformed. I didn't even realize that they had literally brought back the same promotion and were running it at the time I spoke with the first agent. As you could imagine it was very frustrating being told repeatedly that my trade was denied because of a cracked screen, when literally that was irrelevant to the deal. Thanks to everyone for the help.

So glad you were able to get it resolved!
:D :D

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Hope this doesnt happen to me on the s 23 trade
Question could you have walked into a ATT store and hand in the trade phone?
One local guy here says yes he did just to avoid these shipping issues?

Thanks

I pre-ordered my S22 Ultra back in February. It was during the time when AT&T was running the promotion where you could trade in any galaxy phone, in any condition, and receive an $800 credit. I checked the list and saw that S7 Edge was eligible. I filled out the information, received my new phone, and sent back the old S7 Edge. The screen was cracked on that phone, but according to the promotion it didn't matter. I waited 3 months before deciding to call since they say it can take up to 3 billing cycles to begin to receive credit. But today I called to check up on the status and was told my trade was denied because it was an S7 Edge and was cracked. Please tell me someone else here remembers that promotion or better yet has a screenshot of the terms? I was on the phone with an at&t rep for about an hour and they were totally oblivious to the promotion I was referring to. This really sucks as that promotion was the only reason I even upgraded. My wife upgraded at the same time and is currently receiving her credit under the same promotion. Please help if anyone remembers that promotion.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

I bought a working "Galaxy Note 2" on, get this, Amazon, for $27.00 and traded it in for my wife's S22! Bought that outright and had the credit in 3 weeks! Glad you got it resolved!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2