New S22 Ultra - I like it!

Walter Wagenleithner

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday I pulled the trigger on a new black S22 Ultra with 512 GB (I like Video recording in UHD 60 and don't want to run out of storage). So far I am very happy with it. As a Note fan i was feeling at home instantly. I'm trying out the cameras, especially the zoom capabilities are very impressive. The phone feels good in the hand, I like it more than the little bit top heavy S21 Ultra (my personal opinion). It's bigger than my Note 10 but I am getting used to it quite fast. It is a bit slippery though, so it got a cover to protect it. All Updates are installed now, it feels snappy and I did not notice any lags by now (Exynos processor). Maybe it saved me from getting headaches by not being an early buyer a.k.a. beta tester ;)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's so great that you are enjoying your new black S22 Ultra! A gorgeous device, for sure! Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday I pulled the trigger on a new black S22 Ultra with 512 GB (I like Video recording in UHD 60 and don't want to run out of storage). So far I am very happy with it. As a Note fan i was feeling at home instantly. I'm trying out the cameras, especially the zoom capabilities are very impressive. The phone feels good in the hand, I like it more than the little bit top heavy S21 Ultra (my personal opinion). It's bigger than my Note 10 but I am getting used to it quite fast. It is a bit slippery though, so it got a cover to protect it. All Updates are installed now, it feels snappy and I did not notice any lags by now (Exynos processor). Maybe it saved me from getting headaches by not being an early buyer a.k.a. beta tester ;)

That's Awesome! Glad you like it. We just got ours last week coming from 21U but the trade in deal was to good to pass up. Most say it wasn't worth it but I like the 22U and like having the pen now and am sure I will enjoy it way more once I learn all the features of the pen. I did tell my husband holding up both phones side by side I am kind of liking the 22U looks better with the square. It's a great phone.

Walter Wagenleithner

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
Today I installed a glass protector on my black beauty. The amFilm UV protector with 3 glasses in the package. Installation was easy, looks good and the fingerprint sensor works 90% of the time.

Attachments

• 20220530_231521.jpg
    20220530_231521.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 61

Walter Wagenleithner

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
With such an expensive phone I don't want to risk anything and I like the feeling of glass more than a film protector. I see so many people using phones with cracked screens... I know myself, I would go crazy if I had only a little scratch on it ;)

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Setting up my new Unlocked S22U I'm finding new things and...

Is the Google Discover Page the default page to the left of the Home Page now on all S22U?!

One of the first things I was going to do is disable that page because it was either a Bixby page on my Note 8 and I think N20U if not Samsung Free both I did not like.

But I see it's Back to Google that I use to like when I had older Androids... Nice!

I mean I'm still in my first 24 hrs using it but like what I'm seeing/discovering so far... Like FPS is so much more responsive and accurate than on previous Gen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220531-160514_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20220531-160514_One UI Home.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 56

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Is the Google Discover Page the default page to the left of the Home Page now on all S22U?!

One of the first things I was going to do is disable that page because it was either a Bixby page on my Note 8 and I think N20U if not Samsung Free both I did not like.

But I see it's Back to Google that I use to like when I had older Androids... Nice!

I mean I'm still in my first 24 hrs using it but like what I'm seeing/discovering so far... Like FPS is so much more responsive and accurate than on previous Gen.
Congrats

Walter Wagenleithner

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site

That's the cool thing with Samsung Flagships: The Hardware and the software have so many features You can explore ;)

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
That's the cool thing with Samsung Flagships: The Hardware and the software have so many features You can explore ;)

Yeah I look forward to testing out the higher spec camera and other hardware bumps like the FPS you can only get by upgrading... really like the little nice surprises like the Google being the home page news aggregator and seeing them not try see them not try to force Bixby on me. But something like the news aggregator... they could have easily and should have given to us holding slightly older phones those changes by including it in OneUI4.1.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I used to always use Nova, since I didn't like Samsung Free. Now that Google Discover is available, I'm using OneUI.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey, congrats!

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I used to always use Nova, since I didn't like Samsung Free. Now that Google Discover is available, I'm using OneUI.
One UI is actually pretty great. If third party launchers would ever play nice with gesture navigation I'd go back in a heartbeat, but I'm actually surprised how pleased I am with Samsung's interface.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21