June Software Update

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I just had a good conversation with my friends about iPhone vs Android. I was honest. I told them them that iMessage and FaceTime are iPhone-only. Those can't be beat. The iPhone 13 Pro Max's battery life has no peers. ...but even with all of that. I want my S22 Ultra and then I proceeded to explain the different reasons why.

You know what I learned? They didn't care. They're busy with their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, iMessage, and FaceTime, etc. (all but the last two things I couldn't possibly care less about) and they could not care less about customizing their phones or choosing different launchers and having control over things.

It was an interesting conversation and I did learn some things.

I'm a pixel user, and pixels are often called the iPhone of the Android world.. I can definitely see why after your talks with your iPhone friends. I have never installed a third party launcher, or any customizations of any kind. I like pixels because they're a straightforward phone, without a lot of extra stuff on them that I'll never use. And what they do come with works well... which is what I want in a phone.

I sound like I could be an iPhone user... except for the fact that I'd never give a company as underhanded and greedy as Apple my money ;)

Everyone has to draw their line somewhere lol.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Unlocked Canadian with Rogers. I received the update this past Tuesday.

I let it schedule the update for 2 am Wed but woke up to find it had rescheduled for 8 am so I just ran the update as I wasn't going to use the phone.

Battery was very poor the following days but seems back to normal. My almost 3 year old Huawei Mate 20 pro has better battery.

InstaGoogleTweetFace

May 15, 2019
Visit site
S22U Verizon unlocked - still no June update. It seems the locked versions already got their update, maybe it is time to switch the provider after 10+ years with Verizon. Who has a unlocked phone and received the June update alreday? Which provider?

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
S22U Verizon unlocked - still no June update. It seems the locked versions already got their update, maybe it is time to switch the provider after 10+ years with Verizon. Who has a unlocked phone and received the June update alreday? Which provider?

I'm not sure why waiting another day or two would warrant switching providers? It's just an update.

InstaGoogleTweetFace

May 15, 2019
Visit site
I'm not sure why waiting another day or two would warrant switching providers? It's just an update.

Hope with each update the camera get improved because the S21U camera was better for sure. I do use the camera quite a lot and video never stuttered at the S21U but unfortunately there is terrible stuttering with the S22U. This is a BIG disappointment for me.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Hope with each update the camera get improved because the S21U camera was better for sure. I do use the camera quite a lot and video never stuttered at the S21U but unfortunately there is terrible stuttering with the S22U. This is a BIG disappointment for me.
Hmmm...I haven't encountered that. Do you ever wipe your cache? Was your current setup a build from scratch or a restore. I'm just trying to imagine what would make an S22 Ultra stutter. I have 3 of them and none of them stutter during video or anything else so I'm just trying to figure it out.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
It seems the locked versions already got their update, maybe it is time to switch the provider after 10+ years with Verizon.
What would be the point of switching carriers? The firmware for the US unlocked phones is interchangeable across carriers. So if any carrier had released AVF1 yet for their unlocked US S22U (they haven't), you could download and install that without having to wait for Verizon.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What would be the point of switching carriers? The firmware for the US unlocked phones is interchangeable across carriers. So if any carrier had released AVF1 yet for their unlocked US S22U (they haven't), you could download and install that without having to wait for Verizon.
Exactly all firmware are same regardless carrier

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
So funny this (or not so funny really I guess) but my Euro A52s got the June update before my unlocked US S22+ (using on AT&T's network).

I read in other comments that battery optimization is part of the update. Well, my A52s already has hella good battery life (much better than my S22+ with same size battery). So I will look forward to getting the update on the S22+.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm good waiting 2-3 weeks after Google for a security update and getting them consistently every month. Beats the old days where it took months to get an outdated patch and with an unlocked device I don't have all the carrier crap ware.