June Software Update

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile unlocked receiving now
No, you have the S908U. With regard to firmware versions, carrier-branded phones are classified as locked, even if your carrier has unlocked the network for you. Unlocked US S22 Ultras are S908U1.

(It's confusing terminology to have "unlocked" mean two different things in different contexts. But that's how it is.)

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
No, you have the S908U. With regard to firmware versions, carrier-branded phones are classified as locked, even if your carrier has unlocked the network for you. Unlocked US S22 Ultras are S908U1.

(It's confusing terminology to have "unlocked" mean two different things in different contexts. But that's how it is.)

Thank you, I will make sure I consult you before making any future posts. You understood, so I must assume others did too.

You are correct about model number, doesn't change the fact TMobile unlocked it for me.

Last edited:

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, I will make sure I consult you before making any future posts. You understood, so I must assume others did too.
I understood that you were mistaken because I'm also on T-Mobile, and because Frija still doesn't have the update for the US unlocked S22Us, and because you were the only person on the internet saying it was available. But several folks here are eagerly awaiting that release, so I politely corrected your post to keep them from wasting time trying to find the nonexistent update.

You are correct about model number, doesn't change the fact TMobile unlocked it for me.
Again, though, that's not what "unlocked" means when discussing firmware updates. That's because being carrier-unlocked or not has nothing to do with which firmware you get, whereas being carrier-branded vs Samsung-branded (U vs U1) has everything to do with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc