I used hex on my S21+. Loved it (and still do!!) After many issues (my fault entirely), finally got it working on my S22+. I saw the choice to do adb via Chrome and that worked much easier than going back and forth between screens with shizuku but the caveat is after reboot, you have to do the adb/Chrome setup again. After doing that a couple of times, decided to do shizuku. Now as far as I know, this is not supposed to happen when doing shizuku setup. Pretty sure I would have remembered that with the S21 because it is a bit of a pain to keep doing it and of course I rebooted my S21+ many times. Surprise, first time I rebooted my S22+ after doing shizuku and checking hex, saw that I needed to apply it again. Not sure it is related to S22 at all but wanted to get some feedback. Did something change in hex with the S22 series? Or has hex always worked that way and I just totally missed it?
    06-21-2022 06:01 PM
    I always had to reauthorize on my S21 Ultra after a reboot.

How often are you rebooting that it's that much of a hassle though?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-21-2022 06:28 PM
    I always had to reauthorize on my S21 Ultra after a reboot.

How often are you rebooting that it's that much of a hassle though?
    I reboot my phone regularly. So you did shizuku and had to reauthorize after a reboot. I honestly do not remember having to do that on my S21+.
    06-21-2022 07:48 PM
    I believe @Venom0642 and @sweetypie31 use hex, maybe they can help
    andee1517 likes this.
    06-21-2022 07:53 PM
    I used hex on my S21+. Loved it (and still do!!) After many issues (my fault entirely), finally got it working on my S22+. I saw the choice to do adb via Chrome and that worked much easier than going back and forth between screens with shizuku but the caveat is after reboot, you have to do the adb/Chrome setup again. After doing that a couple of times, decided to do shizuku. Now as far as I know, this is not supposed to happen when doing shizuku setup. Pretty sure I would have remembered that with the S21 because it is a bit of a pain to keep doing it and of course I rebooted my S21+ many times. Surprise, first time I rebooted my S22+ after doing shizuku and checking hex, saw that I needed to apply it again. Not sure it is related to S22 at all but wanted to get some feedback. Did something change in hex with the S22 series? Or has hex always worked that way and I just totally missed it?
    Here's how this work , if you reboot the theme hex should still be on. Now if after rebooting you want to change the hex theme then you have to start shizuku process again cause after that first reboot to change to a different theme by hitting hex app will tell you to do the process shizuku to make a new Hex theme.
    mustang7757 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-21-2022 08:08 PM
    Theme was still checked after reboot - it was the adb step that I had to reapply. I know it happens when you do adb/pc setup but don't remember it happening previously when I did the shizuku setup.
    06-21-2022 08:45 PM
    Theme was still checked after reboot - it was the adb step that I had to reapply. I know it happens when you do adb/pc setup but don't remember it happening previously when I did the shizuku setup.
    Yes it happens just like pc , i only do it with Shizuku, if i reboot my theme is still on the S22 Ultra 5G Snapdragon and my Note20 Ultra 5G Snapdragon 512GB, then if i decide to add a different theme plugin after the reboot you will have to start shizuku all over to add that new theme plugin , it's always been that way.
    Laura Knotek and andee1517 like this.
    06-21-2022 08:50 PM
    I reboot my phone regularly. So you did shizuku and had to reauthorize after a reboot. I honestly do not remember having to do that on my S21+.
    As venom has confirmed, yes, I have to reauthorise with Shizuku, and it's always been like that.

I only reboot once or twice a month though, depending on how many system updates are released by Samsung.
    06-22-2022 05:36 AM
    I guess I am just not remembering. Thanks for the help!!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-22-2022 08:41 AM