07-10-2022 07:07 PM
34 12
tools
    Just want to hear from people who have returned the Ultra for the s22+.

Is there any noticeable difference in performance when it comes to 8gb vs 12gb ram.

I had the Ultra and returned it to take advantage of the summer sale. Now that I am here, I am wondering if all of that phone is necessary?

Edit: I went with the Ultra, for 2 reasons. I want to not have to carry 2 ios devices, an iPad and iPhone when traveling for work. The other reason is because the s22u is out of my comfort zone as far as device preferences go. I tend to go for smaller devices with a flat screen.
    06-25-2022 06:28 PM
    Just want to hear from people who have returned the Ultra for the s22+.

Is there any noticeable difference in performance when it comes to 8gb vs 12gb ram.

I had the Ultra and returned it to take advantage of the summer sale. Now that I am here, I am wondering if all of that phone is necessary?
    The Ultra is certainly not a necessary, IMO. It's a luxury for the person that wants the best that Samsung can offer. 8GB vs 12GB? That just increases the amount of active apps the phone can have open before sending apps of to zRAM (compression).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-26-2022 07:18 AM
    I don't own or ever used S22+ but I don't think 8GB VS 12 GB is going to be a difference.. what you have to decide is between using Spen .. Also the display is QHD+ on the Ultra where I think the S22+ is FHD...and the camera difference...
    06-26-2022 07:51 AM
    I honestly believe no one needs an ultra. There are features that are exclusive that some may find useful, but they are niche. The Ultra is mostly there for samsung to show off and seperate enthusiasts from their money.
    06-26-2022 08:05 AM
    I honestly believe no one needs an ultra. There are features that are exclusive that some may find useful, but they are niche. The Ultra is mostly there for samsung to show off and seperate enthusiasts from their money.
    Well I wouldn't say no one needs one for one. It's the old note and having the S-Pen in the phone is a big, positive and need for many people
    06-26-2022 08:07 AM
    Well I wouldn't say no one needs one for one. It's the old note and having the S-Pen in the phone is a big, positive and need for many people
    As much as they may claim it, no one acttually needs an S-pen. It is incredibly useful to some people no doubt, but it's still a want not a need.
    tadpoles likes this.
    06-26-2022 08:15 AM
    As much as they may claim it, no one acttually needs an S-pen. It is incredibly useful to some people no doubt, but it's still a want not a need.
    Well I think it's a need for a lot of people. It is a production device and I know a lot of people since the beginning Note came out that use it for business ...they do advertise this phone for business usage and I think it delivers ...IMO it's the best phone for business and ticks the boxes for anything else you would want on a phone ...
    06-26-2022 08:21 AM
    To answer your question. I did the reverse. I sold my S22+ and purchased an Ultra. I do enjoy the Ultra. The difference between the 2 phones usage wise for me is minimal.
    However the ultra is a big phone and I'm actually looking to potentially sell it and buy back a s22 Plus or maybe just a regular s22 because for the functionality they all seem the same except that the ultra gives you certain amenities at the other two doesn't have. If you ask me today and if I had a choice between the three I would pick one of the smaller ones instead of the ultra. Also the ram difference between 8 GB and 12 GB really didn't make a difference at all.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-26-2022 09:36 AM
    Well I think it's a need for a lot of people. It is a production device and I know a lot of people since the beginning Note came out that use it for business ...they do advertise this phone for business usage and I think it delivers ...IMO it's the best phone for business and ticks the boxes for anything else you would want on a phone ...
    You may be right... maybe it is a necessity...

Although I do find it a bit surprising that none of the millions of iPhone users are business people...
    tadpoles and bkdodger2 like this.
    06-26-2022 09:45 AM
    I have never had S22 plus. I have used notes since note 4.i have tried three times to go smaller s8 plus, s9 plus, s10 plus. I find them small, less comfortable in my hand and prefer the flattter squared shaping of note and love s pen. I always end up trading them back to Samsung for notes.
    06-26-2022 11:14 AM
    So I ha e an unlocked S22 ultra white on T mobile and love it
    06-26-2022 11:15 AM
    I have a pre-ordered 22 Ultra. Really wish I had ordered the 22 +. I found I don't use the camera (have a high level Canon for that), don't use the s pen, and the size and weight are a complete pain for me. That's my take and I sure don't say that it applies to anyone else, but for me the 22 + would have been the better choice.
    tadpoles and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-26-2022 11:34 AM
    I'm more focus on body design. Since S22+ had flat screen I'm over it.
    06-26-2022 01:19 PM
    Those people who have become reliant on the S pen have no other choice.
    06-26-2022 01:26 PM
    I tried the Ultra this time around. One of the reasons was I thought I was getting a great deal with Verizon but turns out it was not what I thought. I'm sure from reading here that SPen was important for many folks. For me first time and I found not necessary. Also, was not a fan of the squareness. Besides the cost which turned out not was I was looking for to spend monthly, it actually gave me cramps in my hand from holding so I returned and got the plus. Have had that version the previous 2 phones and was very happy with it. Same with the 22+. I will say though the screen on the Ultra was superb.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-26-2022 01:47 PM
    You may be right... maybe it is a necessity...

Although I do find it a bit surprising that none of the millions of iPhone users are business people...
    I think most iPhone users that go the business way end up buying an iPad pro at least from my experience with a lot of the people on the iPhone forums and friends that use it for business
    Laura Knotek and TgeekB like this.
    06-26-2022 01:47 PM
    I prefer the s22 Plus. Flat screen, only slightly smaller, but smaller just the same, but still has a 6.6 inch device. I hardly used S pen, so no real need for the Ultra.
    bkdodger2 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-29-2022 12:59 AM
    I think most iPhone users that go the business way end up buying an iPad pro at least from my experience with a lot of the people on the iPhone forums and friends that use it for business
    This is why I decided to settle on the s22u. It was that or get an ipad for business purposes, and I really dont want to add any devices. I just want 1 phone and 1 computer for all my needs.
    07-01-2022 11:15 PM
    This is why I decided to settle on the s22u. It was that or get an ipad for business purposes, and I really dont want to add any devices. I just want 1 phone and 1 computer for all my needs.
    I sold my iPad as well.. just rather trim down a little bit of my tech stuff...
    TheAngryToaster likes this.
    07-09-2022 07:12 AM
    Very true. The S Pen is the main reason(there are others) I don't consider buying any other Android phone apart from a Samsung one.
    07-09-2022 07:40 AM
    The thing I like I about the Ultra is that it just seems to have everything an Android phone could have at this point. It also gives me access to Samsung Notes, that I utilize quite heavily. ...it also seems durable and I'm able to keep it pretty much spotless (which is a biggy for me) through use of a case, WSD screen protector, and camera lenses protectors. With its SD Gen 1 and 12 GB of RAM I can take performance for granted.

...it just ticks all the important boxes for me.
    07-09-2022 09:38 AM
    It does get overwhelming with multiple devices
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-09-2022 10:15 AM
    It does get overwhelming with multiple devices
    Yes yes it does, for the last few years I had multiple devices for work and play. Now I just have the s22u with all my work crap tucked away in the secure folder. Sold my laptops and built me a PC.
    mustang7757 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-09-2022 10:30 AM
    What I do is use one of my primary phones (1 of 3 S22U's) for a week at a time and I use my Note10+ for cycling, jogging, or any environment that I don't want to take the S22U's into. I have 3x GW3, one paired with each S22U. I have a GW Active 2 paired with the Note 10+.

I actually like swapping my phones out each week and figure I'm cutting g battery wear down by up to 2/3 for each S22Us.

One of two will be traded in for a Fold⁴ or S23U when the time comes.
    07-09-2022 11:26 AM
    What I do is use one of my primary phones (1 of 3 S22U's) for a week at a time and I use my Note10+ for cycling, jogging, or any environment that I don't want to take the S22U's into. I have 3x GW3, one paired with each S22U. I have a GW Active 2 paired with the Note 10+.

I actually like swapping my phones out each week and figure I'm cutting g battery wear down by up to 2/3 for each S22Us.

One of two will be traded in for a Fold⁴ or S23U when the time comes.
    Good point on saving battery when swapping
    Laura Knotek and tadpoles like this.
    07-09-2022 01:02 PM
34 12