Potential buyer.....Signal issues anyone? Or, signal improvement?

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone is still having signal issues or is that resolved? In searching it seems to be more the ultra crowd that had issues. I am considering the 22+, largely because of the new upgraded modem that is supposed to have better signal in low signal areas. This would be wonderful for when were at our cabin......but if people are still having signal issues right in their homes in big cities, dropped calls etc. then I may pass on the 22 series. What are your experiences please?

Thanks!

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone is still having signal issues or is that resolved? In searching it seems to be more the ultra crowd that had issues. I am considering the 22+, largely because of the new upgraded modem that is supposed to have better signal in low signal areas. This would be wonderful for when were at our cabin......but if people are still having signal issues right in their homes in big cities, dropped calls etc. then I may pass on the 22 series. What are your experiences please?

Thanks!

I can tell you that that the reports of the S22 Ultra having better signal in rural areas is BS. We live out in the woods, have Verzion and usually have 1 bar of service and zero data at all. Have both the iPhone 13 Pro Max and the S22 Ultra and the iPhone gets way better reception in this rural area than the S22 Ultra does. Maybe things are different with a GSM carrier like AT&T, T-Mobile ETC but with Verizon it's bad in a rural setting. This is just my experience, yours may vary.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

Thanks!

Personally, I'm in LA (on AT&T) and find the S22+ signal better than my Pixel 4 XL.

Shellcracker

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I get down to 1 bar on my S22 even though in in a full LTE coverage area with no known dead spots within an 80 mile radius. I use a network extender ans get 5 full bars of LTE and cellular signal when im inside or close to the house.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanks guys. Not sure what to do. There are a lot of people who seem to have signal issues with the pixel and the s22 line. Two of the only phones I’d be interested in. Hmmmm…

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
No signal problems in Cleveland, Ohio on Verizon with unlocked S22 Ultra.

For reference, here's an explanation of signal strength.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=498234&p=4298269&viewfull=1#post4298269
84f4932aef673433b3b1c9821dd66b02.jpg

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with mine. If you read this maybe it'll help;

https://www.pcmag.com/news/exclusive-samsungs-galaxy-s22-is-a-low-signal-beast

That's what I am referring too. I was excited to hear that, but when I googled it "s22 series signal strength" I came up with more complaints about terrible reception and signal from owners than anything. $1000 is a lot to spend to see if I get one that's better or one that's worse than my s21 at our cottage area.

Rodzp

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I switched to a 22 Ultra from an iPhone 12 Pro Max both on Verizon. The 12 PM was horrible and was getting worse in areas I should have a signal and no issues. The 22 Ultra has largely solved that issue. There are areas I still have issues with I may not drop the call like I did with the 12 PM but it cuts out. This is areas I used to never have issues with and it is not exactly rural. I honest like it is more of a carrier coverage issue than a phone issue.