S22U freeze and restart

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I have an S22U (unlocked and TMO sim). Last week, prior to receiving the June update, my phone became unresponsive, then rebooted. Yesterday evening, after receiving the update on Monday, the phone did it again. These are the only two instances I've encountered. Curious as to how widespread this phenomena is. Otherwise, the phone has been magnificent.

Yes, I've sent error reports to Samsung. No, I do not do any gaming. The only speculation I have is that the phone became hot...not because of usage, but rather because I live and work in north Texas. Yes, I work outside and in a warm truck cab. Fun fact: today we will break the record for number of days above 90 degrees in a year. (and it's not yet July).

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
There have been a few threads about random restarts on Samsung phones, I think exclusively on those that are running One UI 4.1. The cause is unclear -- if it's a bug in a recent update, hopefully feedback like what you sent in will get them to patch it. In the meantime, try wiping the cache partition: https://www.tomsguide.com/how-to/clear-cache-galaxy-s22

good advice. unfortunately, I wipe the cache partition fairly regularly and always after a significant update (like June's)

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
once in the truck and once last night, well after it had a chance to cool down. like I said, overheating is speculating on my part.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Download Nice Catch from Galaxy store and monitor it for next 2 days maybe give indication what's happening

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2