July Software Update

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Read on Reddit tonight that some S22 users in India have received the July software update. File size is a little over 500 MB.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, AVF5 and AVF9 (both Jul 1 Android Security level) are out now in many Asian and South/Central American countries. As always, we can see the list of the most recent update available for each phone model and carrier at sammobile.com, or by checking Frija.

Hardhat Harry

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
It's July 6th and I haven't gotten my update yet :mad:. I am on AT&T locked with a S22. When will I get it?????, I can't stand it, when will it get released to my phone? I just can't get anything done until they release an update for my phone. My phone works perfectly but I know the next update will make it more perfecter. :)

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
It's July 6th and I haven't gotten my update yet :mad:. I am on AT&T locked with a S22. When will I get it?????, I can't stand it, when will it get released to my phone? I just can't get anything done until they release an update for my phone. My phone works perfectly but I know the next update will make it more perfecter. :)
I read that and thought you were serious. ... you got me.

Flytetymex

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site

Have you tried taking your SIM card out and popping it back in? Have you tried going into recovery mode and wiping the cache partition? Have you tried forcing all your apps to close and then clearing the cache? If you put all your apps to sleep deeply, once they wake up, they're going to reach out and the update should download right away. If not, you may have to factory reset your phone and/or speak to samsung customer service to make a warranty claim. It's the 6th of the month. There is no reason we can't have this update so deep into the month. :-$

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Samsung especially US version will make you happy or sad either beginning of the month , middle, end of the month.

My unlocked s22U got June at the end of the month there was no way getting July early.

:Screenshot circled:

Screenshot_20220706-211505_Software%20update.jpg

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I would sell the phone. Unacceptable.

Shellcracker

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Samsung especially US version will make you happy or sad either beginning of the month , middle, end of the month.

My unlocked s22U got June at the end of the month there was no way getting July early.

:Screenshot circled:

View attachment 346300

Yeah when I got my first S22 around may 3th, I got that months update like the next day. Then came tbe one a couple weeks later announcing camera improvements-- got it within 3 days of it being announced. June security update I got like the 12th so I figure I should get this month's around the 12-15th. Not overly concerned about it as I know one way or another I will get it. Even if it doesn't arrive till the end of the month for me.

I do tend to get a little antsy when there are significant OS updates though.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah when I got my first S22 around may 3th, I got that months update like the next day. Then came tbe one a couple weeks later announcing camera improvements-- got it within 3 days of it being announced. June security update I got like the 12th so I figure I should get this month's around the 12-15th. Not overly concerned about it as I know one way or another I will get it. Even if it doesn't arrive till the end of the month for me.

I do tend to get a little antsy when there are significant OS updates though.
Yeah im not worried unless it a important feature added update also , i have options to Odin if i cant wait once available.

Shellcracker

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Yeah im not worried unless it a important feature added update also , i have options to Odin if i cant wait once available.

Odin is a bit above my skill level and I'm afraid I'd botch it up if I tried. But fortunately Samsung has gotten pretty good about OS updates. 13 beta with OneUI 5 is about to roll out with official release slated for September from what I understand. And thats quite good.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Odin is a bit above my skill level and I'm afraid I'd botch it up if I tried. But fortunately Samsung has gotten pretty good about OS updates. 13 beta with OneUI 5 is about to roll out with official release slated for September from what I understand. And thats quite good.
Yeah they gotten very good about updates, can't wait to try beta 13 One UI 5 as I usually in beta every year

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I just downloaded the July updtate for my imprisoned... err, I mean locked AT&T Ultra. My liberated Ultras haven't received anything yet. They'll continue to go hungry.