sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have issues using Gpay? For some reason it hasn't been working. Whenever I try using it at vending machines it says card error and last week I tried to use it at the store and I kept getting an error. Tap to pay works fine using Samsung wallet.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times but the same issue happens. is there another step I can take to make it work ?

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I have one card that gives a card read error with GPay sometimes. Other cards always work when that happens, so I chalked it up to that financial institution being the culprit.

When you cleared the data, did you have to re-add your card? I would be willing to try as long as I don't have to add all of my cards again...

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have one card that gives a card read error with GPay sometimes. Other cards always work when that happens, so I chalked it up to that financial institution being the culprit.

When you cleared the data, did you have to re-add your card? I would be willing to try as long as I don't have to add all of my cards again...
It made me sign back in but all my cards and info came back.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
what are you using the new google wallet that was recently released? also what country are you in? some countries completely replaced gpay with google wallet and some it is installed beside it.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
what are you using the new google wallet that was recently released? also what country are you in? some countries completely replaced gpay with google wallet and some it is installed beside it.
Mine hasn't changed. Been using google pay for over a year now. Canada.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I had the issue for 1 specific card in GPay and Wallet. I'm in the U.S.
The issue was pretty random, so it will be hard to test... I do know one grocery store where that card always seemed to have problems. Maybe in the next week or two I can try resetting the data and try to use that card...

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I had the issue for 1 specific card in GPay and Wallet. I'm in the U.S.
The issue was pretty random, so it will be hard to test... I do know one grocery store where that card always seemed to have problems. Maybe in the next week or two I can try resetting the data and try to use that card...

if you are having problems with one terminal but not others at other stores, then most likely a store issue, not you.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
If you have both Gpay and Wallet, which one will be used at a terminal? I don't use them very often, I generally pull out my card by habit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia