Hello

How can I stop my (Samsung) Camera app from closing every c. 2 minutes?

Background
    I am trying to take videos using a tripod, and I have discovered the "Video Pro" mode, which gives a lot of extra features (including being able to see which microphone(s) are connected and changing it if required).

BUT it keeps kicking me out every c.2 minutes, back to the home screen (I think). This is extremely irritating because each time it kicks me out it forgets what my zoom setting was.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

J

PS I have set the screen not to close for 10 minutes, so that's not the issue.
    08-17-2022 03:59 PM
    Are you actively recording? If not, the camera app is hard-coded to close in that time and cannot be changed. You can, however, set the 'Settings to Keep' in the camera Settings so that you can return to where you were before it timed out. If it's stopping while recording, I'd make sure you're using a suitable video resolution and that you have enough storage left.
    08-17-2022 07:01 PM
    Are you actively recording? If not, the camera app is hard-coded to close in that time and cannot be changed. You can, however, set the 'Settings to Keep' in the camera Settings so that you can return to where you were before it timed out. If it's stopping while recording, I'd make sure you're using a suitable video resolution and that you have enough storage left.
    No, it is kicking me out in between recording sessions.

It is deeply irritating of "Big Brother" Samsung to have hard-coded this setting, if that's what they've really done.

Either way, I can't find any way to go back to my previous zoom setting that I set within Pro Video mode.
    08-18-2022 09:56 AM
    Have you tried a Bixby routine?

If "App opened" Camera
    Then "Screen timeout" 10 minutes
    08-18-2022 10:19 AM
    Problem isn't time-out of the screen; the app itself closes after a hard-coded-and-cannot-be-changed period of inactivity/recording.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-18-2022 10:50 AM
    Problem isn't time-out of the screen; the app itself closes after a hard-coded-and-cannot-be-changed period of inactivity/recording.
    A 2-minute timeout may suffice for taking selfies, but as any professional can tell you, when you are trying to shoot some video in any remotely serious way, a 2-minute timeout that resets your zoom is TOTALLY insufficient. [GRRRR!]

Samsung has obviously failed to do user trials with any serious users.

Anyone here know how and where we complain?
    08-18-2022 11:53 AM
    Open the camera app and choose different resolution like FHD to HD to have longer recording time
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    08-18-2022 12:02 PM
    A 2-minute timeout may suffice for taking selfies, but as any professional can tell you, when you are trying to shoot some video in any remotely serious way, a 2-minute timeout that resets your zoom is TOTALLY insufficient. [GRRRR!]

Samsung has obviously failed to do user trials with any serious users.

Anyone here know how and where we complain?
    Use the Samsung Members app to give feedback.
    08-18-2022 01:10 PM
    Use the Samsung Members app to give feedback.
    Or just scream into a pillow... I really do here that it's cathartic lol
    B. Diddy and sweetypie31 like this.
    08-18-2022 01:25 PM