battery life

Dec 2, 2017
Visit site
I read somewhere that the S pen consumes battery when stored in the phone. Anyone tried removing it to see if it makes any difference in battery life? Just a thought.

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I read somewhere that the S pen consumes battery when stored in the phone. Anyone tried removing it to see if it makes any difference in battery life? Just a thought.

i guess if you don't use it at all, it would be a possibility. But I use mine daily so not an option for me!

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Probably either way wouldn't impact battery life

Yeah I think I read somewhere the amount of power consumed is so tiny. But I did learn something recently that our S-Pens smell!!... gives off a electrical burn type smell. I thought that was crazy then checked my pen... interesting.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I think I read somewhere the amount of power consumed is so tiny. But I did learn something recently that our S-Pens smell!!... gives off a electrical burn type smell. I thought that was crazy then checked my pen... interesting.
I just smelled mine, it smells burnt WOW lol

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I could use some feedback on this topic. Twice in the last couple days, my phone went through the "Optimizing apps" sequence at boot up. Immediately following each instance, battery life has been in a tailspin.

I took my phone off the charger at 6am (100%) and by 1:30 pm it was at 16%!

On one of those "Optimizing apps" instances, I had booted into the bootloader menu and selected the "Repair apps" option. Is this kind of battery drain typical in the hours immediately following running the "Repair apps" option?

TIA!

Dec 2, 2017
Visit site
I tried changing the ram from 4 to 2 and almost seemed like it was worse for battery. One thing is for sure, my old S10+ being 3 yrs old still had better battery life. Oh well, still really like this phone.

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I could use some feedback on this topic. Twice in the last couple days, my phone went through the "Optimizing apps" sequence at boot up. Immediately following each instance, battery life has been in a tailspin.

On one of those "Optimizing apps" instances, I had booted into the bootloader menu and selected the "Repair apps" option. Is this kind of battery drain typical in the hours immediately following running the "Repair apps" option?

TIA!

I never knew that was an option... interesting!

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I tried changing the ram from 4 to 2 and almost seemed like it was worse for battery. One thing is for sure, my old S10+ being 3 yrs old still had better battery life. Oh well, still really like this phone.

That's very disappointing. Maybe it will get better once more time passes??

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

TIA!
I haven't used the "Repair Apps" function in recovery but it's supposed to optimize apps again so maybe the battery drain after that is relearning again