Secured Folder notification bug after August update

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I just installed the August update for my unlocked phone on AT&T. Now when i reboot my phone i will get a notification saying that you must unlock your Secure Folder in order to get notifications from apps inside your Secure Folder.

You cannot clear the notification and it will not go away till you unlock your Secure Folder. :confused:

More importantly, you really will not get any notifications from any apps in your Secure Folder unless you do unlock the Secure Folder after reboot. Once you unlock the folder you can go in and out of your phone after that and notifications will come through. But the next time you reboot your phone though you have to unlock your Secure Folder in order to get any future notifications.

Anyone else experiencing that bug? I feel that's kind of irritating that you're going to get a notification to unlock your Secure Folder every time you restart your phone and also the fact that you have to unlock your Secure Folder after restart to receive any future notifications from apps in your secured folder. :mad:

I tested this by doing about a half a dozen reboots and if you don't unlock your Secure Folder after a reboot you do not get any notifications. But once you unlock your Secure Folder all the notifications start appearing.

I have used Secure Folder since Note 8 and never did we have to do this after a reboot and I can't find any settings to enable/re-enable notifications from Secure Folder. Anyone else?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220906-071458_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20220906-071458_One UI Home.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I noticed it also. Didn't realize it was a bug, however. I just thought it was new annoying feature.

It's always something...

:)

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
This sounds like a design decision to protect the security of the Secure Folder, not a bug. I only reboot my phone once a month (when there's a firmware update), so it doesn't bother me at all.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
This sounds like a design decision to protect the security of the Secure Folder, not a bug. I only reboot my phone once a month (when there's a firmware update), so it doesn't bother me at all.

No. I've had Secure Folder since Note 8... almost 6 years and it's never been this way. It's a bug. It better be a bug lol.

Because if they want us to choose to only allow notifications from the Secure Folder to appear without having to first unlock Secure Folder after a reboot, then they should give us the setting in Secure Folder setting to automatically allow notifications after a reboot which they do not.

I don't have a schedule of when I reboot my phone. Hardly ever. But there are people that set to boot there phone once a week or once a day through Device Care for peace of mind and to have to unlock your Secure Folder that often would be a pain. Or to forget that your phone rebooted and wonder why you haven't received any notification for days until you realize you didn't unlock your Secure Folder is silly.

Kyle Oberholtzer

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Same here, I've had a couple bugs with the August update. I know I'm not adding much input by posting but it's getting irritating. The whole point of the secure folder is second level security and the incognito aspect of it. It's not that I'm hiding data I would just like to keep it personal lol. Anybody that restarts my phone will know three things. I have an encrypted folder, it does not release notifications(except the root of the problem here) and I'm probably hiding something. You can even put a icon in your notification drawer to hide it from your apps list. C'mon Samsung! Easy fix, add an option to disable all notifications from the secure folder and it's contents.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Anybody that restarts my phone will know three things. I have an encrypted folder, it does not release notifications(except the root of the problem here) and I'm probably hiding something.
Don't you have to enter your password after rebooting before that notification (or any other) will show up? Or am I mis-remembering?

(EDIT: I installed the AVI5 update, and there is no notification about the Secure Folder until I enter my password after rebooting. So you needn't worry about the concerns you listed.)

Last edited:

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I just installed the October update on my unlocked s22U.

Secure Folder system notification still appeared after the reboot.
:(

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the October update on my unlocked s22U.

Secure Folder system notification still appeared after the reboot.
If by "October update" you mean AVI5, that's only a security update, so it doesn't include any functionality changes. (I'd guess that Samsung does not intend to rescind its decision about the post-restart Secure Folder password and notification; but we'll see.)

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
If by "October update" you mean AVI5, that's only a security update, so it doesn't include any functionality changes. (I'd guess that Samsung does not intend to rescind its decision about the post-restart Secure Folder password and notification; but we'll see.)

Yes, sorry, AV15. Of course, you are correct. It was only a security patch. Not sure what I was thinking....
:)

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Still waiting for Android 13 update on unlocked AT&T but curious for those who have the update whether the update fixed the Secured Folder notification issue at reboots.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Still waiting for Android 13 update on unlocked AT&T but curious for those who have the update whether the update fixed the Secured Folder notification issue at reboots.
I had this problem a few years ago. My only fix was to disable the Secure Folder. If you actually use that folder, seems that the notification at reboot is a feature, not a bug??

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It should be addressed by now my Fold 4 and flip 4 on November and reboot not there on Android beta 13
I had this problem a few years ago. My only fix was to disable the Secure Folder. If you actually use that folder, seems that the notification at reboot is a feature, not a bug??
If you remove the notification permission it enabled itself every reboot?
Didn't matter if u used it or deny permission It was a bug

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I even disable secure folder in Package Disabler it still was a issue , thats a definite bug lol
But should be gone now

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
UGH!! Android 13 ONE UI5 update for AT&T did NOT fix the "Secured Folder locked" issue after a boot/reboot. :mad:

What am I going to have to do?? I guess erase my phone and restore with Smart Switch??!! :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol