Secured Folder notification bug after August update

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
What about smart switch on PC can u back it up ?

Yes, SmartSwitch does ask if I want to backup Secured Folder or asks me to unlock it so that it can run the backup.

I've started doing backups on SmartSwitch after another discussion with you in another post but I haven't done a restore from SmartSwitch yet... so we may be getting to the point of trying it for the first time. :-! I sometimes do after a new full OS update.

I am curious to know how complete and how close to a "one step, fully restored" it is compared to my usual routine of erasing phone and then restore through samsung backup and then google backup.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, SmartSwitch does ask if I want to backup Secured Folder or asks me to unlock it so that it can run the backup.

I've started doing backups on SmartSwitch after another discussion with you in another post but I haven't done a restore from SmartSwitch yet... so we may be getting to the point of trying it for the first time. :-! I sometimes do after a new full OS update.

I am curious to know how complete and how close to a "one step, fully restored" it is compared to my usual routine of erasing phone and then restore through samsung backup and then google backup.
Samsung smart switch pc is pretty much what Samsung cloud use to be on the device in settings under accounts so its pretty complete

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Samsung smart switch pc is pretty much what Samsung cloud use to be on the device in settings under accounts so its pretty complete
agreed! I use Smart Switch to backup my device to my OneDrive and my SSD. God forbid I destroy my phone, I'm covered. (no, I don't use the Secure Folder)

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Secure Folder locked notification - How to remove?

For the past few months my Ultra S22 keeps showing an alert for "Secure Folder locked." The only choice in the drop down menu is to show this notification again in 15 min, 30 min, 1 hour, 2 hours. But there is no way to completely remove this notification which keeps reappearing over and over again. Anyone have a solution to not show this notification? It's so frustrating. Thank you! -Casey

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Secure Folder locked notification - How to remove?

I only see that notification when I restart the phone. I then unlock the secure folder and the notification disappears. It doesn't come back even when the SF locks again.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Sigh... Still got the notification after Android 13 update. Ran into some other issues with my phone so decided to Factory erase it and use Smart Switch to restore hoping the Factory erase would get rid of the bug/notification... It didn't. After a Factory reset and Smart Switch restoring my Secured Folder the notification returned after a reboot. :mad:

I planned to do another reset anyways so I tried Uninstalling Secured Folder and re-creating a clean Secured Folder. Rebooted to test... Notification! :mad:

I'm running my second reset but I don't think anything will change when it's done.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Sigh... Still got the notification after Android 13 update.[...] I tried Uninstalling Secured Folder and re-creating a clean Secured Folder.
It's not going away no matter how many resets and reinstallations you do. It's not a bug, it's a design decision to ensure that if someone relies on notifications from the Secure Folder (not Secured Folder), there will be a visible indication when their phone is suppressing those notifications.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's not going away no matter how many resets and reinstallations you do. It's not a bug, it's a design decision to ensure that if someone relies on notifications from the Secure Folder (not Secured Folder), there will be a visible indication when their phone is suppressing those notifications.
I agree if the user is using it then will get notifications

bennett22

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
i have a friend asking about this notification, they don't use the secure folder at all. has anyone uninstalled the secure folder and had the notification go away? i would try it, but i actually use mine for different work stuff and don't want to lose anything in there

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
thanks, but that isn't the route the would probably go. i was digging through the settings on my phone trying to figure something out for them, and just happen to see the option to delete the folder.

can you provide the steps to delete the folder. i am sure many users would want to do that to rid of the 'secure folder' notification every time we power up the phone.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
can you provide the steps to delete the folder. i am sure many users would want to do that to rid of the 'secure folder' notification every time we power up the phone.

Settings > Security and Privacy > Secure Folder > More Settings > Uninstall

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay