Apple announcement

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the 13 pro max but I'm considering getting the pro instead of the pro max this year just because I want to try a smaller phone for a change.
That's what a lot of pro max users are saying/doing. They're tired of the extra weight that comes with the max which I get because I get tired of the S22 U's weight but such a good phone that I constantly pick it up. I think also with me having the flip 4 which is much lighter my hand is so comfortable with the lighter weight that my hand instantly knows the difference which makes it hard to readjust.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the Pro, not the Pro Max.

I’m getting great battery life when compared to the Galaxy and Pixel. By far better.
Can you help me decipher my battery usage so that I can see if I have a dud or not because I'm not getting the incredible life that people are saying. I'm feeling like it's gaslighting lol, but anyway, I gave it a shot yesterday. Feel comfortable because it was idling at 100 and then 99 but instantly as I started using the phone. Battery started to diminish. The screenshot attached is me going from 100 at 10:00 a.m. to 8% around 1:30 am. Although I said that I would use the phone exclusively yesterday. I mostly use my S22 Ultra which forgot where the battery was but was still at around 23% when I check the iPhone. I use the iPhone for a little task here and there throughout the day. I fell asleep around 10:00 that night but left the music playing and woke up to the 8% and decided to take a screenshot with my little usage. Should not be able to crank out at least a day and a half? Mind you I had to screen brightness on low. Didn't really talk on the phone or watch any videos. Is there a possibility that the phone is still learning my usage or that I may have a dud that needs to be exchanged because this is not a sign of good battery life. Also, the call quality seems much weaker than my flip for some people sound like they're talking to me through a tin can when I never had that issue on my flip.IMG_20220919_092303.jpg

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
How's the 120hz refreshing guys? I played with it yesterday at T-Mobile stores and seen people can't handle the 60hz any longer :).

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
How's the 120hz refreshing guys? I played with it yesterday at T-Mobile stores and seen people can't handle the 60hz any longer :).
Haven't noticed a difference other than it freezing up on occasions, but someone on Reddit says that they've noticed the 120hz being slower on their 14 pro max vs their S22 Ultra.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
For those of you did pick up the new iPhone 14 what color did you get? I was looking at them tonight and I'm torn on the Silver and Space Black. But that Space Black is such a good looking phone and love the pure black border around it. I might be skipping the Max and going straight for the regular Pro.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
For those of you did pick up the new iPhone 14 what color did you get? I was looking at them tonight and I'm torn on the Silver and Space Black. But that Space Black is such a good looking phone and love the pure black border around it. I might be skipping the Max and going straight for the regular Pro.
I got space black pro max

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I also went with the space black. Picked up a Spigen tempered glass and a Caudebe Sheath case. Love the combo!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Can you help me decipher my battery usage so that I can see if I have a dud or not because I'm not getting the incredible life that people are saying. I'm feeling like it's gaslighting lol, but anyway, I gave it a shot yesterday. Feel comfortable because it was idling at 100 and then 99 but instantly as I started using the phone. Battery started to diminish. The screenshot attached is me going from 100 at 10:00 a.m. to 8% around 1:30 am. Although I said that I would use the phone exclusively yesterday. I mostly use my S22 Ultra which forgot where the battery was but was still at around 23% when I check the iPhone. I use the iPhone for a little task here and there throughout the day. I fell asleep around 10:00 that night but left the music playing and woke up to the 8% and decided to take a screenshot with my little usage. Should not be able to crank out at least a day and a half? Mind you I had to screen brightness on low. Didn't really talk on the phone or watch any videos. Is there a possibility that the phone is still learning my usage or that I may have a dud that needs to be exchanged because this is not a sign of good battery life. Also, the call quality seems much weaker than my flip for some people sound like they're talking to me through a tin can when I never had that issue on my flip.View attachment 348735
One of my friends sounded like he was talking on a staticky old walkie-talkie on his new iPhone 14. It wasn't just on calls with me. He exchanged it, and it's been good ever since.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
This is my iPhone's home screen.

Think some emails you need to action lol

I do like. It minimal

b4e69fff63bb2b3bb61db829a17c2a7b.jpg