Texts not coming through

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
In the last week I've noticed I'm not getting texts from people I usually talk to multiple times daily. I do a restart and 50 texts come through out of nowhere. Everyone asking if I'm okay, giving me important info, etc.

Anyone having this issue? I'm using the Samsung messages app if that helps. This is completely frustrating!

Last edited by a moderator:

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Apparently this is a huge problem in the galaxy store. People having to restart the phone multiple times per day to get texts in this app.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue with my S21 it was the devices ability to switch between LTE and 5g. Turning off 5 g fixed the issue I am on T-Mobile. My s22 ultra so far no issues at all.

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
I have had this occasionally which is more easily and quickly fixed by turning Flight Mode on then off.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue with my S21 it was the devices ability to switch between LTE and 5g. Turning off 5 g fixed the issue I am on T-Mobile. My s22 ultra so far no issues at all.

5G is turning out to be a real pita it appears :eek:

So when does the good part start? lol.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
In the last week I've noticed I'm not getting texts from people I usually talk to multiple times daily. I do a restart and 50 texts come through out of nowhere. Everyone asking if I'm okay, giving me important info, etc.

Anyone having this issue? I'm using the Samsung messages app if that helps. This is completely frustrating!

This was one of the symptoms of upgrading to AVHB a few weeks ago. Since AVHH came out i have not had the problem.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
How do I turn off 5G?
Depends on if you're on AT&T or not.

It's usually under "Settings" > "Connections" > "Mobile Network", and there's a section for preferred network.

But AT&T blocks access to that section in Settings. So you need a third party app called "Samsung Band Selection". Using that will present you with the ability to use only LTE if you want.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Apparently this was fixed for a few days and now starting again. This is extremely aggravating as I need texts for work and from my wife and babysitter

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issues on my Verizon S22 Ultra. I've gotten a new sim card and even tried a network settings reset 2 days ago. I am using Google Messages.