Is there any way to disable or uninstall Samsung Messages? I'm not seeing anything. Am I missing something?

I use a text messaging app called PulseSMS. If I don't disable/uninstall the other text messaging apps, I end up getting duplicate or triplicate message notifications in Android Auto. I've taken care of Google Messages but Samsung Messages seems stuck.

Thanks!
    10-06-2022 05:04 PM
    Do you have a way to back up Pulse ? If not i would leave it so can sync your messages otherwise https://www.packagedisabler.com/
    tismydroid likes this.
    10-06-2022 05:07 PM
    Do you have a way to back up Pulse ? If not i would leave it so can sync your messages otherwise https://www.packagedisabler.com/
    Pulse backs up to the cloud, is encrypted, and has a Windows app. When I get a new device, it restores everything. It keeps all my Windows machines up to date so regardless of what computer I decide to use, the messages are there. Wait - I am starting to sound like an ad for Pulse.

Interesting. A subscription app to disable apps. Thanks. I'll check it out.
    mustang7757 and tismydroid like this.
    10-06-2022 05:16 PM
    Pulse backs up to the cloud, is encrypted, and has a Windows app. When I get a new device, it restores everything. It keeps all my Windows machines up to date so regardless of what computer I decide to use, the messages are there. Wait - I am starting to sound like an ad for Pulse.

Interesting. A subscription app to disable apps. Thanks. I'll check it out.
    Lol..
    Then u good with back up , this app does the job its small change to pay a year to help support the function of it otherwise need root access
    10-06-2022 05:26 PM
    Turning off the notifications on the Samsung app doesn't help? I don't use Android Auto so I'm not sure if that would make a difference in the car, but that's what I do to the phone. I have both Samsung messages and Textra , but I only get notifications for Textra since I cut off the notifications for the Samsung app.
    BerryBubbles and mustang7757 like this.
    10-06-2022 10:56 PM
    Turning off the notifications on the Samsung app doesn't help?.
    That is such a good idea! I just turned them off. I never get double notifications on my phone. It's only in Android Auto. I'm going to try it out tomorrow. Thanks!!
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    10-06-2022 11:46 PM