Is there a way to back up app settings and preferences so that when changing phone you can restore everything? When I initially setup my S22U using Smart Switch from my old S10+, it did restore the app themselves, but I had to spend hours setting up all my settings within each app again. I might need to switch to a new S22U soon to overcome an issue, but I'm put off doing it because it took me so long to set it up in the first place. When my wife switched iPhones it seemed to restore all app settings so I hope I can do the same with my Samsungs. Thanks for any advice!
    10-10-2022 05:00 PM
    Is there a way to back up app settings and preferences so that when changing phone you can restore everything? When I initially setup my S22U using Smart Switch from my old S10+, it did restore the app themselves, but I had to spend hours setting up all my settings within each app again. I might need to switch to a new S22U soon to overcome an issue, but I'm put off doing it because it took me so long to set it up in the first place. When my wife switched iPhones it seemed to restore all app settings so I hope I can do the same with my Samsungs. Thanks for any advice!
    backup with Samsung Cloud and also use Smart Switch
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-10-2022 06:32 PM
    The short answer is yes and no.

No coming from stock going to stock there is no way to get your settings, log-ins and all that to backup and transfer.

I've heard this is possible on rooted devices however. Of course with great backup ability comes great risk. Thought I was going to say responsibility but I couldn't figure out a way to make that work. Anyway it is not possible to backup things so that all of the information in the app is saved as well. Some apps may have their own backups that allow this. I remember having one email app that I installed on 3 or 4 phones with 4 or more accounts that I had to log into every time. Talk about a pain. Then they came out with a version that could backup and transfer everything if you took a survey. Which is just my way of saying that it could be possible but it is up to the app developers.

There are a lot of ways to get more out of your backups but there is no way to get detailed backups that do the internals of the app without root.

Best wishes.
    10-20-2022 08:27 AM