Auto Restart Function Missing

cstierhoff

Oct 23, 2022
Visit site
With the update to Android 13, the setting or function that allowed me to have my phone do an 'Auto Restart at a set time' seems to have disappeared from the Settings, or it got moved and I can't find it. Does anybody know anything about this?
Samsung S22+ running Android 13.
Thanks,
cstierhoff

Sent from my SM-S906U using AC Forums mobile app

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately they removed it and replaced it with Auto Optimization ... Lots of folks voiced their displeasure with this during the beta but Samsung didn't listen. You can no longer schedule a restart and the device will decide for you when it needs to restart:

Screenshot_20221109_205747_Device%20care.jpg

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately they removed it and replaced it with Auto Optimization ... Lots of folks voiced their displeasure with this during the beta but Samsung didn't listen. You can no longer schedule a restart and the device will decide for you when it needs to restart:

View attachment 349764
SMDH... If the beta testers are pointing out this is bad idea what does Samsung think the general public is going to do. Another choice out the door

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
SMDH... If the beta testers are pointing out this is bad idea what does Samsung think the general public is going to do. Another choice out the door

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

Same thing they did before the change... neither know nor care that the setting is/was there.

It was a pointless setting that was just a hangover from the S7 era anyway.

13Flossy

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site
Idiotic

One of the dumbest things and phone update could do is to remove AUTO RESTART.

I did not realize it disappeared following last update. At least, not until my phone started really acting up. Then I went on a search for it. Successfully removed by Samsung.

Absolutely Asinine All the way!

Just venting!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Idiotic

Having a scheduled restart seems like a cop-out to a properly-functioning device. My Pixel phones haven't needed regular restarts to maintain proper performance.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Having a scheduled restart seems like a cop-out to a properly-functioning device. My Pixel phones haven't needed regular restarts to maintain proper performance.

Samsung devices don't need a scheduled restart, it was only there as a hangover from years ago.

Pixel phones as properly functioning devices is pretty funny though lol.

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site

Interesting. I respectfully disagree. It seems like more and more modern PCs and workstations need scheduled or regular reboots to clear small errors and allow security and software updates to function correctly. I'm sure the phone doesn't need weekly updates but maybe monthly are not a bad idea. Or anytime you have an issue. Just my thoughts.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Interesting. I respectfully disagree. It seems like more and more modern PCs and workstations need scheduled or regular reboots to clear small errors and allow security and software updates to function correctly. I'm sure the phone doesn't need weekly updates but maybe monthly are not a bad idea. Or anytime you have an issue. Just my thoughts.

I think it's important to remember that an android phone is neither a PC nor a workstation.

But, "when you're having issues" is the correct time to reboot. My phones tend to get rebooted once or twice a month, but that's because of security patch installation rather than issues.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site

I find restarting my android devices made them work better no hickups at all.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I wonder if there's something about Android 13 that required Samsung to remove the feature.

(BTW, I'm one of those weirdos who never have issues with my Pixels either. I know, cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo :p)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc