dgcorn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I got the S22 when they came out earlier this year. I thought the S-Pen would be something I'd love to have. I never use it - ever.

I suspect I don't use it because I haven't found a good use, but I'm sure there is something out there. Anything requiring my handwriting is definitely not it.

If you're so inclined, post up your favorite S-Pen use.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I use it at my business but rarely any other time. Sometimes the Square app will require a customer's signature for a credit card sale. The stylus makes that really easy.

eking30

Apr 10, 2022
Visit site
I use it for jotting down quick notes.
Hilighting text.
When on the phone in split screen, to take notes.
Anything that my fat fingers can't do well.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I don't use it daily anymore, used to use the s pen almost every time I used the internet because back in the day there were still a lot of websites that weren't mobile friendly. Things like drop down menus designed to open when a mouse hovers would open when hovering with the S Pen.

Also used to draw, doodle, color, and take notes regularly. Personally stopped doing all this on the phone when the screens became more narrow and curved.

At this point about the coolest thing to do with the S Pen is use it as a remote shutter for your camera.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I use it to take quick notes during meetings or to jot down a quick reminder or shopping list. I find myself using it more and more and really don't want to do without it.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I use it for camera at times and I take phone numbers at work a lot. Primarily though I like to edit screenshots before sending.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a Samsung tablet that came with an s pen, I'm curious to see how much if at all I use it :p It might lead me to a phone with an s pen down the road, or it might just spend it's life permanently stuck to the side of the tablet lol. I'll share my experiences ;)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just bought a Samsung tablet that came with an s pen, I'm curious to see how much if at all I use it It might lead me to a phone with an s pen down the road, or it might just spend it's life permanently stuck to the side of the tablet lol. I'll share my experiences ;)
Spen is definitely great just have to learn how to use it and comes in handy

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a Samsung tablet that came with an s pen, I'm curious to see how much if at all I use it It might lead me to a phone with an s pen down the road, or it might just spend it's life permanently stuck to the side of the tablet lol. I'll share my experiences ;)
That's what got me interested in the S22 Ultra. I previously had no interest in Note line. Then I got the Tab S6 Lite to replace my ancient Nexus 7 (2013) and found I liked the S Pen. Now I love it and use it daily on my phone.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
That's what got me interested in the S22 Ultra. I previously had no interest in Note line. Then I got the Tab S6 Lite to replace my ancient Nexus 7 (2013) and found I liked the S Pen. Now I love it and use it daily on my phone.

That's what I picked up for this year's Black Friday purchase was the S6 Lite :D I haven't started using it yet, but it's going to be a huge step up from my current aging tablet ;) I tend to use my tablets as my pc, so some of the things I can do with the S Pen could come in very handy. I can definitely see this tablet replacing my need for a Chromebook. Although I never really used my Chromebook near as much as I thought I would.... I'm glad I got it on clearance lol.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
That's what I picked up for this year's Black Friday purchase was the S6 Lite :D I haven't started using it yet, but it's going to be a huge step up from my current aging tablet ;) I tend to use my tablets as my pc, so some of the things I can do with the S Pen could come in very handy. I can definitely see this tablet replacing my need for a Chromebook. Although I never really used my Chromebook near as much as I thought I would.... I'm glad I got it on clearance lol.
What colour did you get? Mine is the blue one.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
What colour did you get? Mine is the blue one.

I was going to get the blue, but they had a space grey with twice the storage for $40 more so I picked that one up. I did get a cool space themed cover for it off Amazon though :p

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I was going to get the blue, but they had a space grey with twice the storage for $40 more so I picked that one up. I did get a cool space themed cover for it off Amazon though :p
Please share a photo of your cover.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I use my pen to take photos. There are, were, so many places we would go and you'd never know I was there. My issue now is finding a place to prop up the device to get a pic.

I also like the ability to grab text that would otherwise be unselectable. I didn't really think I would use this that much but when it comes in handy it's nice to have.

The screen off notes were a deciding factor when I was debating this device. I don't use it as much as I pictured but I use it often. I use the notes in general a lot. Being able to jot things down when inspiration strikes has been really helpful for me. I often get struck by inspiration, a needed shopping list item or something I need to be reminded of and having this option has been vastly useful.

Now there have been some things I've tried just because I could or it does but for one reason or another I didn't make it a normal thing. Like playing games on my phone. I've found some that require a light or precise touch which the pen seems like it would be useful for but didn't like it. I've tried just scrolling around online and in apps but it feels extra. It takes too much for little to no benefit.

Something that I use the S-Pen for but that I wish was better is writing on the screen(shot). Yeah You can write on a screenshot which is great if you want a screenshot. And yes I know you can go in and crop the image down to only what you want but I would like to see the pen integrated into image editing. For instance, I take a pic but then have to open an editing program to write on the pic. If I pull out my S-Pen I can write on a screenshot containing the pic, which then requires more editing to only have the pic and not the notification bar and everything else on the screen. It would be useful in other editing ways, like manipulating cut and paste items or cloning operations and coloring. Just feels like these things should be more intuitive and already a thing.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I wish I knew how to use my S-Pen more. I never was into the Note Series and had a Note 8 for a bit just cause of the specs over the 7 edge and it was so big I hated it. Now I use a pop socket but my husband stayed with the Note 8 while I got an S9 plus he waited for the S10 plus and now we both have 22 U and he liked his 21U better. I wanted to highlight something a while back might of been a screenshot and I didn't know how. I don't think my husband ever really uses his pen either. He did have one with an S3 tablet and my old Samsung Chromebook came with one and we never used it much.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Please share a photo of your cover.

I will try... I just got it as a gift from my wife yesterday, and I was waiting for a case to start using my new tablet. I always like a case on my devices before I start using them... you know how Murphy's Law works :p It's a cool design though, it supports the tablet in both landscape and portrait, and has a nice spot for the S Pen.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I will try... I just got it as a gift from my wife yesterday, and I was waiting for a case to start using my new tablet. I always like a case on my devices before I start using them... you know how Murphy's Law works It's a cool design though, it supports the tablet in both landscape and portrait, and has a nice spot for the S Pen.
Awesome! That sounds like a very cool case. I'm the same as you not using anything new without a case. Having a place for the S Pen in the case especially appeals to me. I lost my tablet's S Pen once in the house and looked two days till I found it under a chair I wasn't even sitting in.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I use my pen to take photos. There are, were, so many places we would go and you'd never know I was there. My issue now is finding a place to prop up the device to get a pic.

I also like the ability to grab text that would otherwise be unselectable. I didn't really think I would use this that much but when it comes in handy it's nice to have.

The screen off notes were a deciding factor when I was debating this device. I don't use it as much as I pictured but I use it often. I use the notes in general a lot. Being able to jot things down when inspiration strikes has been really helpful for me. I often get struck by inspiration, a needed shopping list item or something I need to be reminded of and having this option has been vastly useful.

Now there have been some things I've tried just because I could or it does but for one reason or another I didn't make it a normal thing. Like playing games on my phone. I've found some that require a light or precise touch which the pen seems like it would be useful for but didn't like it. I've tried just scrolling around online and in apps but it feels extra. It takes too much for little to no benefit.

Something that I use the S-Pen for but that I wish was better is writing on the screen(shot). Yeah You can write on a screenshot which is great if you want a screenshot. And yes I know you can go in and crop the image down to only what you want but I would like to see the pen integrated into image editing. For instance, I take a pic but then have to open an editing program to write on the pic. If I pull out my S-Pen I can write on a screenshot containing the pic, which then requires more editing to only have the pic and not the notification bar and everything else on the screen. It would be useful in other editing ways, like manipulating cut and paste items or cloning operations and coloring. Just feels like these things should be more intuitive and already a thing.

Pocket tripod works well, fits in your wallet like a credit card and unfolds to hold the phone. Then you always have a way to prop your phone up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae